4.8

me coming back after 2 months of not updating: heyyyy how yall doing?

again sorry for taking so long... :)

"Okay wait, maybe we should talk?" I pulled away from him breathlessly. He nodded and mindlessly ran his fingers through his hair. My attention drifted back to the small smile that was on those swollen lips. Maybe it was a bad idea to stop. I missed him.

"You're right," Drew agreed, trying to calm down. I'm positive that his heart was racing just as fast as mine. We sat in silence for a few moments. There was so much I wanted to say but I wasn't exactly sure how to start.

"You cheated on me," I started quickly, finding the courage to speak those words. His mouth opened but I stopped him with a small gesture. "Cheating is cheating. I understand but we have to communicate. You hurt me. Deeply. As much as I love you, you really need to work on that if this is going to work. But we can fix this as a couple if you are willing but I need you to be here for me." I finished my small ramble and looked up into his watery blue eyes.

"I know and I'm ashamed, I don't know what had gotten into my -- wait, did you just say you loved me?" Drew's eyes widened. My cheeks instantly heated.

"Well, um -- I," I stammered. Fuck me, of course, I had to blab that I loved him. My eyes stared at the twisting hands in my lap. My heart dropped waiting for his response. His large hands grabbed my hands and gently grabbed them. My eyes shot up to his face and he had a big smile on his face. He looked like a kid at Christmas.

"I love you too, Charlie Smith," His words sparked something in my chest. Warmth flooded my chest and I found myself just staring at him, shocked he said it back.

"I love you," I said quietly, almost to myself.

"And I love you," Drew's smile only grew. Moments later, our lips came crashing together. Each touch felt like it was brand new, my heart was soaring right at this moment. My hands instantly found their way through his shaggy hair. As we connected a small sigh of relief passed through both of us. I hadn't realized how much I had missed him.

"Are you guys good?" Maddie called up the stairs, after her voice echoed up the stairs a solid smack followed. Drew and I pulled apart chuckling. He took my hand and pulled me into the hallway, I whined in annoyance.

"We'll have plenty of time for that later," He chuckled and kissed my forehead. I scrunch my nose and looked to find Maddie rubbing the back of her head.

"I told her not to say anything," Elaine raised her hands in innocence.

"But you guys look happy! So the parents aren't fighting anymore!" Maddie clapped gleefully.

"They looked busy," Mads gave me an apologetic smile, which I waved off and began to drag Drew down the stairs. I looked in the kitchen and saw Elliot and Duke looking confused and a bit bashful. Drew halted and I looked up to see him glaring at Elliot. Men.

"Drew," I warned him.

"I wasn't trying to take your girl," Elliot stammered as Drew towered over him.

"Good," Drew replied sharply.

"Okay," I said awkwardly and pulled him away from Duke's poor friend. The girls just looked on the couch and were making fun of him. Just then, Drew's phone began to ring. After a quick phone conversation, Drew hung up and informed us that the boys had followed and asked if we all wanted to go out. The girls immediately agreed, Maddie started planning her outfit.

"Guess we won't get to finish that kiss then," I said quietly, curling into his side.

"I could say we need to stay in," Drew whispered heavily in my ears, his tone implying much more than a kiss. His breath sent shivers down my thighs, and the familiar ache returned.