Chapter 3 ~ Change

Sakura sure has changed. She has always been a little hotheaded, but most of the time she was that cute, nice girl. Especially to me. Sure, she got mad at me at times or angry or even pissed off, but it was never like this.

She just gave me that cold look. As if I was a complete stranger. But it wasn't only that cold blank look, deep in her eyes I could also see hatred. Hatred for me.

I knew it wasn't going to be easy. In that one year I searched for her, I simultaniously prepared for the moment I would see her again. How would I act? What would I say? Just everything. But now that it was actually happening after three years I didn't have a single clue what to do.

Her change of attitude didn't help my case. How did she end up being a model anyway? Wasn't her dream to become a doctor? There was so much I want to know, but I know I'd first have to start all over again and start with the basics. Step one was to make her forgive me, which wasn't going to be easy, especially after she couldn't even stand being around me for even a minute last time.

To sum it all up I have no clue how to approach Sakura.

**

"I haven't been here for so long." I excitedly exclamied.

"Sakura, it's good to see you again. What will it be for you?"

"I'll have Tonkotsu Ramen."

Teuchi, the shop owner now turned to Naruto "The usual for you?"

"You bet!" Naruto laughed.

"It'll be ready in a couple of minutes."

The Ichiraku Ramen shop really brings back a lot of memories. I used to come here a lot, back when we were in high school and college. It's probably the best ramen shop in all of the US. I haven't come here since the breakup, because I just didn't want to run into him.

A couple of minutes later Naruto and I got our bowls of ramen and dove right into it. We talked, ate and had fun.

"So Sakura, I was wondering. How did you end up becoming a model? I mean I always thought you were beautiful and you still are, but didn't you want to become a doctor?"

I giggled at his remark of calling me beautiful "Oh, right. I did want to become a doctor, but I once got a random offer for an advertisement from one of Sai's friends. They said I had a pretty face, but they especially liked my hair and my eye colour, since it was an ad for shampoo my hair fit in perfectly. I just wanted to make some extra money and thought why not, so I ended up doing it. After that a lot more offers flew in, I did a few just to earn extra money, but after a while I actually ended up liking modeling and now it's my profession."

"Wow, that's so cool Sakura!" He grinned.

I smiled back at him and just enjoyed this moment.

"I wanted to ask you something else."

"Okay."

"Well, uh I actually heard of you being a model a few weeks ago, but it seems that you have been famous way longer, so how come I never heard anything of you?"

"Oh that. You see, I spent most of the past few years outside of the US and just traveled from country to country, I returned just a few weeks ago, so that's probably why you heard of me at that time." I answered, then continued "Wait, if you heard of me, does that mean that he..."