Chapter 6 ~ Brothers

I stood on my balcony as I took a smoke, something that became a habit after Sakura left. I thought about everything that happened since Sakura returned. First I meet her and she completely ignores me, then I take a hold of her wrist and she insults me. Then the media jumps in and says that we're dating. That truly would be a dream come true.

I thought a bit more, then that day at the bench came to my mind. "I hate you." She has every right to hate me. Hell, I even hate myself for what I did to her. And then the ball. Yeah, the perfect setting to talk to her. It didn't even cross my mind that she would bring a date with her, I didn't even think of the possibility of her dating. She really did seem to care a lot about that Kiba guy, I mean she even told him about what I did to her, since he he kept on calling me a bastard. But what do I do? I try to start a fucking fight. Now she hates me even more.

I'm such a fucking looser.

"You should stop smoking little brother." Itachi walked to me, now standing next to me and looking into the night of the city. "It's not good for your lungs."

"You still here?" I buffed out the smoke.

He chuckled. "You think I would leave without you seeing me off?" he chuckled again. "Foolish little brother."

I ignored his reply and just kept on looking straight ahead, thinking about her.

"What happened at the ball? Should I regret not attending it?"

I lazily glanced at him. "I talked to Sakura."

He smirked. "You seem to be rather lucky these past couple of days."

"I wouldn't call it luck." I spat out. "She hates me."

"So?"

I glared at Itachi and he chuckled. Again. "Calm your tits Sasuke. I meant what did you two talk about?"

I sighed. Why am I even telling him this? "She wanted to walk away again, but I begged her to stay and she complied. But then that... her date walked up to us and he called me a bastard, several times, I then tried to start a fight, Neji and Naruto stepped in, Sakura calmed Kiba and warned me not to raise my hand at the guy ever again. Then they walked off and now she probably hates me even more." I lit another cigaerette, really needing it right now.

Itachi shook his head, while slightly chuckling to himslef. God, can he ever stop chuckling? It's fucking annoying.

"Don't you remember, Sasuke?"

"What?" I hissed. I really was getting pissed off.

"Sakura. She really loved you. I always thought you would be the first ones to get married, even before Naruto and Hinata and then you would own a big house with little you's and Sakura's running around." He grinned. "You were so in love with each other, it was almost unbearable to be around the two of you. But at the same time it made me happy to see you so in love, so adventourus, so happy."

I really was happy. Sakura made me do things I would normally never do. She would make me act ways I never would with others. She made me feel things I could never feel through others. Like at the time we shared our first kiss.

**

"Come on duckbutt, you're slowing me down."