Chapter 13 ~ Old habits

As soon as they broke away from the kiss Sakura saw the bright and genuine smile on Sasuke's lips. Seeing the side of his lips turn upwards slightly was already rare, but seeing a full on smile was something you almost never see from the ravenette and Sakura loved it all the more.

"I... I think..." she didn't know what to say, but she felt like she had to say something. She wanted to tell him how she felt, that she's open to give their relationship a try again, but no words left her mouth, for she didn't know which words were the right ones.

Sasuke simply looked at her. He understood her without her needing to say something. "I know." His voice was soft.

Now Sakura was the one smiling from ear to ear. Of course he would be able to understand, no words were needed, because he always understood her completely.

She couldn't feel any happier and hugged him. Sasuke didn't hesitate to hug her back, taking in her warmth.

Yes, he knew that she still didn't trust him fully. He knew that there was still a lot to repair, but he knew it from the beginning. He came here so she would finally give him a chance. A chance to gain her trust again. A chance to repair what has been broken in the past. A chance to make her happy again.

"As much as I'd like to stay like this, I think that I should go."

The pinkette who was resting in his arms pulled away and looked at him, confusion in her eyes.

"Why?"

"Your father probably won't like me being here for too long."

"But... but you just arrived here." She looked down to the ground wih a frown and Sasuke found it utterly cute.

"I'm sorry." She now looked up to him.

"Can't you stay a little longer? It's not like he'll kill you."

"Well..." He scratched the back of his head and forest green eyes shot up in shock.

"My father gave you that blue eye?" She asked, already sure of it, but still wanting confirmation from the man in front of her.

"Well yeah. But honestly I would have done the same, if I were him." He said almost nonchalantly.

"Does it still hurt?" She asked curiously.

"No, I'm fine." He was lying, it hurt like hell. What's with Harunos being able to punch that hard anyway?

She sighed. "Let's go down and cease the swelling at least a little." While she started walking out of the room, with Sasuke right behind her something else came to mind and she turned around. "Um, I- I'm sorry about the broken nose."

Sasuke couldn't help but chuckle. "It's fine. I deserved it anyway."

Sakura stayed quied. She felt like protesting his words, but she just left it like that.

As she turned right back around she spoke once again. "Between the broken nose and this blue eye, I'm honestly surprised that you don't have a visible concussion yet. I'd advise you not to drive, since something could happen while doing so. We should get you to the hospital first, so you'll stay here for now."

He didn't see any reason to argue with her and just decided to follow her to the kitchen downstairs. Just as they arrived donwstairs they were greeted by two figures, standing in the living room.

"Mom, dad." She acknowlegded them.

Sasuke looked them over. Sakura's mother was smiling at her daughter, as if she knew what had just transpired. Her father on the other hand didn't look too pleased. He wasn't frowning, for his daughter's smile was just too bright to frown at. But he obviously didn't like Sasuke seemingly being the cause of her smile.