Chapter 9 ~ Sasuke's Pain

It hurts.

I remember the time she left me back then. I was shattered. I was lost. I was sad. I was angry at myself. But I still had hope. I searched for her and continued doing that for a year. This time, however, it's different. I don't have to search for her, I know exactly where she is. I don't have a reason to search for her. She broke up with me.

Last time she just disappeared, leaving me with a shimmer of hope. But this time she broke up with me, she said goodbye, she told me that it's the end. There is no hope anymore. There is no reason to continue trying.

It's over and I have never felt this pain before.

Why? Why can't it be like back then? Why did I have to ruin everything? I was so happy. We were so happy.

I would give everything to go back to those times. Those times when we lived together because of college. We wanted to live closer to the college we were attending, so we decided to get ourselves an apartment near to it. It was pretty small and simple, but it wasn't expensive and that's all that mattered at the time. The both of us worked while we were in college, since we didn't want to live off of our parents money. We worked at different places and I remember all those times I thought of her, all those times I missed her, but of course it was nothing compared to now.

Back then we would always spent every free minute we got with each other and even if there weren't many free minutes, we would always have those mornings we woke up together. Whenever we did we would either snuggle together or sometimes Sakura would wake up before me. She'd take a shower or prepare breakfast. However, when I woke up before her I always woke her up with a bunch of kisses.

**

The pinkette groaned as she felt all those feather light kisses placed all over her face. "Stop."

Sasuke didn't listen and continued kissing her, gaining another groan from his girlfriend. "Sasuke, get off me." she now opened her eyes and glared at the male. This made him chuckle.

"Get up pinky."

"I am." she groaned.

Sasuke continued kissing her and Sakura turned on her side, trying to push the male, that was on top of her with his upper body, away. A pout formed on Sakura's face and Sasuke thought it was cute. He gave her one last kiss on her cheek before getting up.

"You're so annoying."

"I think that's my line pinky." he chuckled.

Sakura only rolled her eyes and she turned to the Uchiha who was getting up from bed. He was only in his boxers and Sakura admired his well trained body, even though she was slightly pissed at him right now.

"What? Didn't get enough last night?" Sasuke smirked.

Sakura's cheeks got slightly red while she frowned. "Oh shut up." she turned right back around and looked at the door of their room. Sasuke only shook his head at her antics, he never got bored of them.

**

Back then it was so easy. It seemed as if back then I was doing everything right. It seemed as if I truly was the best version of myself. How would she have loved me in such a way otherwise? How would she have trusted me as much as she did?

I really wish I could go back in time and live the life I had back then. It's ironic isn't it? Most people dream of future events, they dream of something they want to be when they grow up, they dream of things they want to achieve in the future. But my dream lies in the past.