Chapter 5 ~ The ball

That dobe was right, giving up is not in my blood. Hell has to freeze over before I give up on Sakura. This time I will do the talking, this time I will make her understand my feelings, but not just with words.

I wasn't going to 'stalk' her again as Naruto called it. I'll just meet her at the party. Every year the Hyuuga's throw a big and noble party to show off their wealth and show how powerful they are. Since Naruto is married to a Hyuuga, he was able to peek at the guest list and sure enough Sakura was on it. It was the perfect setting. She won't necessarly know I'll be there, since it's probably her first appearence at a Hyuuga party, so she won't bother avoiding me, which will make it easier for me to catch her somewehere alone - without seeming like a stalker - and talk to her.

**

"You have to look absolutely fabulous!"

"This hair. I will make it look perfect." Mónica said.

"So, it's going to be your first impression at a Hyuuga party, we have to make it a good one."

"Not just a good one." the blonde stated, then she turned to me "Sakura, you'll have the most perfect debut ever." she squealed.

"Yeah, yeah." I just waved her off, earning a doubtfull look from the blonde, which completely disappeared almost immediately. "You have to bring a date!"

"No."

"Yes, you do."

Ino turned to Tenten. "Tenten, help me out."

"A date would be a smart move, especially if it were someone who has experience with these kind of balls."

I glanced at Mónica for help, but she was focused on my hair.

"I won't bring anyone."

"Sakura-"

"Well, you could always bring a friend. You know, a date doesn't have to be a romantic one, it can also just be a friendly date."

"Who are you refering to?" I asked curiously.

"Kiba. I know he has been at least to one ball, since he used to be a good friend of Neji Hyuuga."

Ino gave me a hopeful look, knowing this was probably her only option. I don't even know why she insists on me bringing a date with me. It just doesn't make any sense for her to be that excited.

"Well, it would be nice to have someone I know and like around, since you guys can't come."

The both of them sweatdropped at hearing the last part. I know that Tenten doesn't want to come, because she wants to avoid a ceartain someone. We all know it's Neji, but she just won't admit it. What is their deal anyway? They are constantly bickering, but they just can't seem to be able to be away from one another for too long. And Ino... I don't got the slightest Idea what Ino is up to, but knowing her it's probably something veeery stupid, so I just won't even ask.

Tenten then broke the silence "Aaaanyway, I'll give Kiba a call, you just get ready Sakura."

"You think he'll be able to fix himself within such short notice?" Ino asked.

I laughed. "Come on, it's Kiba we're talking about here. He's the most spontanious guy I have ever seen and we still have a whole day."

"Well, just make sure to tell him to get over here as soon as possible. I don't  trust him dressing himself." Ino murmured the last part as Tenten dialed Kiba's number.