Chapter 8 ~ Apology

"I'm so sorry mom. Something happened and it will take me a little longer to get to you."

"What happened did you hurt yourself? Have you gotten yourself into a car accident? Did-"

"Mom, I'm fine. Nothing happened to me. I will explain when I'm at yours."

"You better not be hiding anything from me. Just make sure to be safe, sweetie."

"I will don't worry. I have to get going now. Love you."

"I love you too sweetie."

I smiled as we both ended the call, just to be reminded of the situation I'm currently in. I'm in the hall of a hospital. Waiting for my ex-boyfriend. Whom nose I have broken.

I let a long sigh escape my lips.

After a while a female doctor came to me and said that I could go see my boyfriend now. I gave her a bored expression, ignoring what she called Sasuke. The woman seemed a little shocked and dissappointed to see that I didn't care as much as I should about 'my boyfriend' or the guy that she found really attractive. I overheard her talking to another female doctor about how hot her patient was. Disgusting.

I opened the door to Sasuke's room to see him sitting on a bed with a bandage on and around around his nose. Around his nose there was also a light swelling. I cringed slightly at the sight

"You're still here?" Sasuke aksed with al ight hint of disbelief in his voice.

"Well, I broke your nose, so I guess I should at least make sure you're fine."

Sasuke gave me a small and almost unnoticable smile.

"Anyway, what did the doctor say? Can you go home right away?" I asked as I leaned on a wall, opposite from the bed Sasuke was sitting on.

"They said I could go home for tonight, but that I had to visit a doctor frequently, since the injury wasn't as serious as it could have been." he nonchalantly responds.

I just nod, looking out the window, wondering if it would be okay to leave now or if I should first bring him home.

"So, no apology?" Sasuke pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked at him with a frown on my face, while he smirked. I sighed before saying "...Sorry."

He chuckled quietly as he looked at me. I frowned harder looking away from him "Tsk. I guess now we're even."

As soon as I said that Sasuke stopped chuckling and it felt like the air around us got heavier. How is that even possible? How does one get so gloomy in just a matter of seconds?

"We could never be even. What I did to you was far worse than this." Sasuke almost whispered.

He was right. What he did to me was nowhere near to being comparable to this situation.

A long silence fell over the room and I just looked outside of the window. I felt uncomfortable and shifted my weight from one leg to another. Sasuke must have taken notice of that. "Sakura, can I please talk to you about everything?" I shifted my gaze towards him, not moving my head, which was looking in the direction of the windows. He looked at me pleadingly. I also saw how serious he was so I sighed. "Okay." is all that left my lips.

Sasuke's face lightened up at little before saying. "Let's go outside."

"No." Why would he want to go outside? I am perfectly fine talking here.

"It'll be quieter outside and I need fresh air. Please Sakura."

I sighed again. "Fine. Just hurry."