Hey Writer Person ✍️ - Finding Time

Hey Writer Person,

I've been asked by a couple friends how I find the time to write right now. And you know what? I don't really. But I have found a couple small things helpful that keep my stories going during these crazy days, so I thought I'd share them in hopes they might be useful to someone else.

First thing. I write a lot on my phone. I know, not traditional, but my phone is ALWAYS with me. Whether I'm running after babies or cleaning or on a walk, I can keep it beside me and when I get an idea I can grab the phone and jot it down. I don't have to wait for anything to boot up and it auto saves. It's basically a digital notebook.

Which brings me to the second thing -- NOTES. When I'm writing on my phone, I'm writing notes. Whatever the next scene is, while I think about it during the day, I make point form notes and plot out the scene, beat by beat. Thinking that stuff out is most of the battle for me, and finding the time to do it is hard. So I do it all day long, making notes on the biggest points so that I have a perfect map of what is going to happen in that moment of the story. That way, when I actually do have time to sit and write properly, I've saved myself a lot of time and can just pound out 1500 words.

Anyway, that's how I'm getting on with my WIPs, I hope someone out there finds it useful. What tricks to do you use to make time for your writing?