lipsoul

(been busy writing sum else sorry this is quick and boring)

Jungeun walked the nearest cafe she could find. Honestly she hadn't been to one in a while. She liked louder places and always felt like she was being watched in a cafe. Yet after all that paranoia she found herself in a cafe. Lots had been happening in her life she needed a place to think with few distractions. She looks around and saw there's barely any people inside the cafe. An old man looking out the window and two teenage boys at a different booth laughing at something on their phones. Jungeun sighs and makes her way to order. "Hi are you ready to order." A black haired girl said. She seemed to be way too excited which was a stark contrast to the much calmer atmosphere. "I guess... can I just have a medium black coffee." The exhausted girl said. The cashier asked her name. "Hehe my name also starts with a J." She smiles and gets to making the coffee. Jungeun waited on the side since it was just one coffee it wouldn't take long. "Jungeun here's your coffee." She placed the cup on the counter and started pressing buttons on the register. Jungeun noticed something off about her coffee. "Um isn't this a little too small?" She usually wasn't one to complain but when it came to coffee it was a different story. "Oh sorry... Sorry I'm new here!" The girl started freaking out she seemed like she was gonna cry. "Hey it's fine I should cut down on coffee anyway." This was a lie she could care less but seeing the new girl panicked eyes made her feel bad. The cashier giggles and finally tells her the final price. Jungeun pays and sits in a nearby booth with a window that had a nice view of the quiet streets. She takes her journal out and begins writing what's been on her mind. After a while of sipping coffee and writing the black haired cashier leaves her spot and walks over to Jungeun. "You keep a journal?" Jungeun looks up and nods. The cashier takes out a small little book from her pocket and takes a seat in front of Jungeun. Now that Jungeun was actually conversing with the girl she took a look at her name tag. 'Jinsoul' it read. "Look I put a bunch of stickers on mine!" "Aren't you supposed to be working?" Jinsoul shakes her head. "Break." She smiles. "Well is there a reason you're talking to me?" Jungeun looked up at her and tilted her head. "Well it's either you a lonely girl, those two boys who seem annoying, or that old man. You would pick yourself too." Jungeun laughs "Well the old man is lonely too isn't he." She rolls her eyes. "Not at all he's got his life figured out you my friend are troubled. I mean no one as young as you just orders black coffee like it's a normal thing. You're too young to be this tired." Jinsoul seemed to be a spaz when it came to working but when it came to judging people it seemed like she was pro. What she said was true Jungeun was in fact troubled and lonely. "How do you know all that?" "When you work at a cafe down the street you see so many people come in go. A lot of people like you." "Like me? So do you sit down with them like this all the time?" Jungeun teased the girl but she seemed unbothered. "Well if they're as pretty as you I'll go talk to them." She laughs and puts her hand up to her chin. "You're the first one I talk to." "Smooth." Jungeun laughs. It was a bit out of her comfort zone to talk to strangers like this but Jinsoul was so easy to talk to. Mostly because she did most of the talking but listening to her stories was interesting enough to wanna stay. After Jinsoul's break she heads back and eventually Jungeun leaves and waves goodbye to Jinsoul. She makes sure to write one last thing in her journal though. 'Maybe cafe's aren't so bad... I'll be coming back here a lot.'