-3-

Run Boy Run

_____

    17 Years Ago

    Grace rings the bell and we all come downstairs and stand in front of our seats, I stand next to Ben and we wait for Reginald, the record playing in the background but I drown it out.

    "Sit." We instantly sit down, I see a small interaction between Luther and Allison, Diego is carving something in the chair, Klaus is rolling a joint and Ben is reading a book. While I focus on Five as he doesn't seem to be focused on the food which makes my eyebrows furrow.

    I open my mouth but he stabs the table with the knife and the others look at him but not Reginald.

    "Number Five?"

    "I have a question."

    "Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson."

    "I want to time travel."

    "No."

     "But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." He teleports next to him. "See."

    "A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn." I purse my lips.

    "Well, I don't get it."

    "Hence the reason you're not ready." Five looks at me and I shake my head slightly.

    "I'm not afraid."

     "Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore." Five walks away. "Number Five. You haven't been excused." I get up and run after him. "Number Eight!" I run out to see him walking on the sidewalk before teleporting away which makes me stop.

    "Five!" I yell, he doesn't come back that makes my heart crack a bit.

     3rd Pov

     "Not ready, my ass." He jumps again and this time it's snowing. He then jumps again and everything is destroyed and on fire, he stumbles a bit and looks around in shock, he turns around and starts to run, he stops at the destroyed academy.

    "Liam! Vanya! Ben! Dad! Anyone!" He tries to spatial jump back it doesn't work and he gets frustrated. "Come on! Shit." His lip starts to tremble.  He falls to his knees as tears fall down his cheeks. "Im so sorry Liam."

    Present (Normal Pov)

    "I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." Five chuckles. "You know that rumor that twinkies have an endless shelf life?" I nod my head. "Well it's total bullshit."