Flashback

November 15, 2001

"Five." I skip around the house trying to look for Five but I get no response. "Five?" I stop in the hallway and let my arms stop at my side.

"Number Eight!" I jump at the booming voice behind me, I slowly turn around to see Reginald with a slight grimace on his face and his arms crossed.

"Yes?" I raise my eyesbrows.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Nothing." I drag out as I slightly squint my eyes. He grunts and walks away making me pump my hands in the air.

"Liam, what are you doing?" I jump in fight and turn around to see Five standing there with a smile on his face trying not to laugh.

"V, I've been looking everywhere for you." I grab his shoulders and his face turns serious.

"Why? What happened."

I giggle. "Nothing." I clasp his hand in mine and drag him away. "So you know our place?"

"Yea." He bites his lip.

"Let's go there." He smiles widely, he looks down at our hands as they begin to glow a dim blue.

A small breeze past us, I look up and let go if his hands smiling up at the sky. I look back at Five and he is looking up at the night sky, the moonlight from the lake hitting his face making it look like he's glowing. I stare at him for a couple of minutes, he has still yet to notice.

"It's really beautiful tonight." He says still looking up at the sky.

"It sure is." I smile at him, I lower myself to the ground. "Five." He looks down at me and I pat in front of me making him smile. He then lowers himself to the ground in front of me and sits between my legs. I lean forward and wrap my arms around him making him laugh, I put my head on his shouler looking at the lake.

"Promise you won't leave me." Five says softly.

"I would never leave you." Some flowers start to sprout around us, then a vine slithers its way on Five. Its stands high and a light blue flowers blooms from it, Five lets out a cute laugh which makes me smile. He plucks it from the vine and it starts to slither its way back down from him.

"Thank you." He unwraps himself from me and sits with his front facing mine and he crosses his legs.

"Can you do the thing?" A smile makes its way on my face, I hold out my hand and a small blue butterfly sits on my finger, Five stares at it in amazement. I hold out my other hand and he gently puts his hand in mine, I turn it over and put the butterfly in his hand.

It flaps its wings and it flies on his nose, he scrunches up his nose making me laugh. The butterly flies off and he pouts and looks at the ground, I grab his hand and a vine makes it way to our conjoined hands and a golden flower blooms from both of our hands. The vine wraps itself around Fives arm making us more joined together.

I look up at Five and he starts to look at me, I stare into his eyes and everything seems to melt away. He scoots closer to me making our knees touch. He lets go of my hand and the flower softly falls to the ground and the vine begins to fade away. I continue to stare at him as he makes his way on my lap, he rests his hands on my neck.

He leans his forehead on mine and closes his eyes, I let out a sigh and wrap my arms around him.

"Number Five! Number Eight!" Five jumps off from me and my heart starts to beat out of my chest. "What do you two think you are doing?"