-10-

Changes

_____

    1993

    Vanya and Liam sit at the table as the nanny tries to feed them. "Your brothers and sister have all finished their oatmeal and begun their training for the day. Don't you want to join them, Number Seven and Eight?" She clicks her tongue and leans closer. "Is someone having a tough morning?" The kettle whistles. "You know what cheers me up when I'm down? Singing."

    She starts to sing and the kettle whistles louder and the ground starts to shake. She leans in with the spoon and she goes flying backwards.

    "Number Seven! Number Eight! Hm."

    ____

    "Hi Number Seven, Number Eight. I'm your new nanny, Mrs. Cornwallis." The kettle whistles and Liam throws her down the stairs.

    "Number Eight! Hm."

    ____

    "Bonjour. I'm miss Stevenbaker and I am your new nanny." She gets thrown out the window.

    "Number Seven! Hm."

    ____

    "Hello, Number Seven and Number Eight. My name is Grace. I'm your new nanny. Your father tells me you two don't like oatmeal, but we need our breakfast to grow up big and strong, and you two have to train with the others after you eat. Here, let my help you." She holds up both spoons to their mouths and she gets thrown back and they hear a snap.

    She stands up but her head is backwards, Vanya and Liam look at her in disgust. She snaps her head back in place and picks up two spoons.

    "Shall we try again?" She puts the spoons in their bowls. "Better eat that oatmeal before it gets cold." They hurriedly eat the oatmeal.

    Present 3rd POV

    The others race back home.

    "Come on! Let's go!" Five tries to hurry them.

    "I don't think she's breathing." Luther exclaims as he and Klaus carry Allison and Diego carries Liam.

    "If we don't get her upstairs, she's gonna die."

    "What do we do about Liam?"

    "Just put him in his room, Allison is more important." Luther says.

    "Don't say that. He literally stopped breathing."

    "And Allison has her throat slashed, tell me. Who needs assistance more?"

    Five looks at Liam in concern.

    ____

    Five holds Allison's neck.

    "She suffered a severe laceration to her larynx. One of you will need to give blood."

    "I will." They all say.

    "Im doing it.' Luther begins to lift up his sleeve.

    "I'm afraid that's not possible, dear boy. You're blood is more compatible with mine."

    "Hey, don't sweat it. I--I got this big guy. I-- I love needles."

    "Master Klaus. Your blood is. How shall I say this? Too polluted."