Breakfast

i couldn't sleep again.

i was too focused on whether aang was okay or not.

the pain from before had stopped - or at least calmed down.

the place where aang had been hit was still aching but it couldn't be him.

it had to be just a muscle memory thing. but i also have no idea how that would work.

if he was still alive - were they trying to find me?

or did they think i was dead.

i decided i needed to leave the fire nation as soon as possible.

even if they weren't there - i had to find out.

and i needed a plan.

---

'didn't expect to see you out here' said zuko, sitting next to me by the pond.

it was only about 7am and i could tell he hadn't slept either.

'you okay?' i asked, putting my head on his shoulder.

he threw some bread at the ducks and sighed, 'yeah im fine'

we paused, looking out as the sun rose over the gardens.

he noticed i was shivering and put his arm around my back, warming me up quickly.

i laughed and huddled in a bit closer to him, feeling him smile.

atleast he was feeling okay.

we could've stayed like that forever, just watching the turtle ducks paddle through the crystal clear waters as we lay in each others arms.

but we couldn't.

'spirits could you two do that anywhere else?' asked azula, stepping into the garden with ty lee and mai.

'hi azula' i said, not looking up.

'im sure you'll be joining us for breakfast?' she said, and i could feel her staring us down.

i looked up at his face and he nodded, 'we'll be there soon'

she scoffed and left, taking her friends with her.

'she still cross we won the volleyball?' i smirked.

'i wouldnt put it past her' he agreed, chuckling.

he took my hand and helped me up.

'm'lady,' i said, curtseing and leading him through the palace to where i thought the hall would be.

i had never been before but kind of hoped it would be easy to find.

but, sadly, the architect had done their best to make it a labrinth and we just got more lost as we went on.

we stopped at our fifth dead end and zuko spoke up, 'you have no idea where you're going, do you?'

i smiled and looked back at him, feigning surprise, 'how could you tell?'

he smirked and brought me to the hall.

it was giant. the table stretched all the way from one side of the room to the other, yet there were only about six chairs.

a big waste of space if you ask me but whatever.

'please y/n, sit down' said a servant, pulling a chair out for me to sit on.

i sat down next to zuko, who was at one end of the table, and mai whole ty lee and azula sat opposite us : to leave a space at the head of the table.