The Party

'and we remain the volleyball champions for another week!' i joked, walking back to the house.

'and got invited to a party...' said zuko, looking back over the sea.

i sighed and followed the rest of the group to li and lo's house.

---

'why didn't you tell those guys who we were?' asked zuko, sitting next to me whole we ate.

'i guess i was intrigued. i'm so used to people worshipping us.' said azula

ty lee nodded, 'they should.'

'yes, i know, and i love it! but for once, i just wanted to see how people would treat us if they didn't know who we were.'

then, in unison, li and lo spoke,

'like waves washing away the footprints on the sand, ember island gives everyone a clean slate. ember island reveals the true you... to the party!'

li and lo sent us down the path to chan and ruon jians party.

'you okay?' i wondered, looking at zuko who was staring at the sea.

'oh yeah' he said, turning around and smiling weakly.

i took his hands and we stopped walking.

'the party's gonna be fun! just wait and see' i said as i twirled him around on the decking.

'you two!' shouted azula, 'stop wasting time!'

i rolled my eyes and we stopped outside the door.

'um... you're a little early. no one's here yet.' said chan, displeased.

'i heard you telling someone you'd be partying from dusk till dawn. it's dusk so we're here.' explained azula.

chan stared at her, in a bit of disbelief, 'but that's just an expression.'

'we are the perfect party guests. we arrive right on time because we are very punctual.'

he shrugged and let us inside, allowing us to look around, 'all right, listen, my dad's an admiral. he has no idea i'm having this party, so don't mess anything up.'

we walked through the room, trying to find something to do.

'hey, first ones here, huh?' asked ruon jian, flipping his hair

'pft. he thinks he's so great.' scoffed zuko, 'well, what do you think of him?'

we stopped walking and i answered, 'i dont know him, so i dont really have an opinion about him yet'

'you like him, don't you?' he replied.

i sighed and followed mai through the room.

---

hours later, everyone else arrived.

'bloody hell im so bored' i said, sitting next to zuko on a sofa.

'i know'

'do you want some food?' i asked, sitting up

'so what?'

'do you want me to get you some food?

'sure.'

i stood up and went to a table at the other corner of the room.

'hey, im a thief, and im about to steal your heart' said a boy.

'oh smooth' i smiled, taking a plate

'so, uh' he said, lingering around me, 'what's your name?'

'you first'

he chuckled and held his hand out for me to shake, 'im chan, you mightve seen me earlier. you're with ty lee, right?'