The Blockade

'katara, you and the swamp benders whip up a fog cover.' said hakoda, who had seen the same thing as me.

'we'll sneak by those statues just like we sneaked by that fire navy blockade.' said tho.

katara and the swampbenders jumped into position, and covered the boat in a thick fog.

'keep it up, we're almost through.' said hakoda.

suddenly alarms sounded from the gates. smoke emitted from the statues' snout and the net rose above the fog.

the alarm stopped.

but it wasnt over.

someone from inside the gate firebended the net on fire and it quickly spread throughout the whole thing.

a handful of fire nation jet skis proceeded to speed towards us.

'everyone below deck.' said hakoda, 'let's hope your invention works.'

i smiled at sokka.

his invention would work : we couldnt afford for it to fail.

we clambered into the submarines and started them as fast as we could.

'you really outdone yourself this time, son.' grinned hakoda, looking through the screen.

'yeah. congratulations, sokka. you managed to invent a worst way of travel than flying.' said toph, looking sickly.

'whats wrong with flying?' i asked, forgetting the whole - y'know - blind thing.

she shook her head and, after being offered pipsqueaks hat, vomited.

'well, i just came up with the idea but the mechanist did all the work.' said sokka.

the mechanist shook his head and laughed, 'but don't sell yourself short, my boy. it was your idea to use waterbending to make the subs sink and float. brilliant, though your original designs were a bit difficult to decipher. unfortunately, there is one problem i couldn't fix. the subs have a limited air supply. before we land on the beaches, we'll need to resurface.'

submarines and airbending didnt really mix i guess.

we sailed through the water for a while before coming back up above the surface.

'so, this is it huh?' said aang

we looked over the ocean around us.

sokka stepped towards him, 'are you ready for the fire nation to know the avatar's alive?'

'i'm ready.'

we smiled and pulled into a group hug.

'i hope you kick some serious fire lord butt, twinkle toes.' smiled toph

'we all know you will' i said.

'everyone listen up.' said hakoda, 'the next time we resurface, it'll be on the beaches. so stay alert and fight smart. now break time's over, back in the subs.'

me, toph, and sokka left aang and katara on the sub to talk.

'todays the day i guess' said sokka

'yeah, and i cant wait to see the look on the fire lords face when i-'

'calm down toph,' i shushed, 'we're not there yet. but we will be. soon.'

---

we submerged back underneath the water while aang flew ahead to the volcano.

the subs flew through the water, dodging harpoons when we got to the walls around the dock.

we tried to swerve around everything they shot down at us but not every submarine was lucky.