10

Practice had ended. Noya was soooo good! I figured he was decent from the start but the way he played today blew me away. He walked up to me, sweating. I handed him a towel and a water bottle. As Noya was chugging his water, a boy with silver hair walked up behind him, looking at me.

"Heya, you here to watch Noya?" He asks me. 

"Y-yep. I'm L/n Y/n, nice to meet you." I answer. He smiles.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Sugawara Koushi, but you can just call me Suga. I'm guessing you're also a 2nd year?" 

"Yes, I'm a second year."

"Adorrrable, you're shorter than both Hinata and Noya!!!" He exclaims.

My face turns red as I become slightly annoyed. I know he's just teasing me, but I hate being called short. Suga giggles, as a slightly taller boy walks up behind him.

Suga introduces him, "This is Daichi Sawamura, the team captain, also a third year." Oh, so Suga is a 3rd year. Interesting. He seems like the mom of group. I don't know, he gives me that vibe.

"Nice to meet y-you.." I stutter. He seems intimidating. 

"It's nice to meet you too, you're L/n Y/n?" He says, kindly.

"Yes.. I am..." Even if Daichi seems kind, I'm still slightly scared of him. Who am I kidding, basically all the 3rd years scare me. Finally Daichi and Suga walked away and it was just Noya and I. Time to walk home. We stepped out of the gym and the sun was beginning to set. They practiced for a while. I really enjoyed watching them play, maybe one day I'll get to see him play in an actual game, I hope so.

Noya and I walked in silence for the first bit of the walk. Halfway through, Noya started acting a bit off.

"Do you wanna go to the place we went last week before h-home?" He asked me. Why was he stuttering? 

"Sure, I'm sure my parents won't mind. Let's go." I agree. We change our path and begin walking to the spot where we spent time together last week. It wasn't too far of a walk.

When we arrived, Yuu sat in a spot to which we could sit and see the stars perfectly. He patted the ground, signaling for me to sit by him. We both lay back next to each other. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" I say, staring at the many stars in the sky. No clouds were present, giving full view of the moon and all the stars.

"Yeah, It's gorgeous..." He replies, quietly. I couldn't help but think he was acting different tonight. I tried to think nothing of it, chances are he's just feeling a bit sore and tired from practice.

After laying under the stars and small talking for a while, we sadly had to go home. The walk home was silent. As we arrived at the entrance of our complex, Yuu stops and faces me, then looks down, into my eyes.

"Thanks for coming to watch me play tonight, it means a lot..." He begins. You can tell the way he spoke was off, something was definitely up and it started to bother me too. 

"It's nothing, It was so nice to finally see you play after talking about it for so long... You're really talented... I would love to come and watch whenever you'll invite me.." I ramble on. Yuu blushes, and giggles, quietly. Suddenly, he pulls me into a hug, but a calm one, not like the ones he's given me before. It was calming. I closed my eyes, and put my arms around his body. We stood like that for what felt like forever, but I didn't mind. But finally, we both let go. 

"See you Monday..." Noya says, backing up hesitantly, Then turning around and walking to his home. I wave, and do the same. I still wonder what is up with Noya, I'll ask him about it later.

-

w:666 (lol)