The Choice... Made difficult?

Hermione was so lost in thought that it took Drago shoving a letter in her hands to realize she was entering the Great hall for the welcome feast.

"What's this?" Hermione looked at the black parchment.

"Here I though you were smart. It is a letter Hermione." Draco quickly walked to the Slytherin table.

Hermione shoved it in her pocket and made her way to the Gryffindor table. She sat herself down between Ron and Harry.

"What was that with Malfoy all about?" Ron asked scowling at the Slytherin table.

"Oh nothing just a letter from his father. Probably about my inheritance" Hermione shrugged and turned to watch the new first years file in to be sorted.

"What inheritance?" Harry asked

"Shh. Pay attention." Hermione said looking to the professor table.

Harry and Ron shared confused looks but did not continue with the questions.
After the sorting Hermione quickly dug in, having not eaten when the lunch trolly came, she was quite hungry.

"What are you not telling us" Harry asked while he piled mashed potatoes on his plate.

"I told you everything" Hermione snapped.

"I feel like you are just skimming the surface of what is really going on." Harry shrugged.

"No I pretty much told you everything." Hermione took a bite of her food.

"There..." Ron started then swallowed his food after Hermione shot him a glare. "You seem to be hiding something."

"I am not going to tell you a play-by-play of my life that is just too much. But I told you what was on my mind and what was happening recently." Hermione sighed.

"If there is something else. We are your friends we can try to help." Harry said.

"I have gotten your opinion on the things I needed. But thank you for letting me know that" She gave Harry a weak smile.

After the feast they all filed out to head to their respectable Dorms. Someone had other plans for Hermione. They grabbed her hand and draged her to an abandon class room. She stumbled in while her kidnapper closed the door. She spun around and was face to face with Draco.

"What is the mean-" Hermione was cut off by soft lips.
Draco kissed her. It surprised her how  gentle it was. But what surprised them both She kissed him back. His hands gently grabbing her hips pulling her closer. While her hands moving to his chest where she gripped his robes pulling him closer. He slowly broke the kiss after what could of been an eternity. And placed his forehead against hers. Their heavy breathing mixing together between them.

"Why" Hermione whispered after she cought her breath.

"You have always been off limits because of your blood status as a Muggle born. But now your pureblood and soon you will be completely off limits and I just wanted to feel your lips on mine just once." Draco sighed lifting his head to look into her brown eyes.

"Oh" Was all she could manage to say. His gray blue eyes hypnotizing her. "What if I chose to lock the curse away for good?" She finally asked.

Draco smiled. "You and I both know you would not. Your thirst for knowledge is far to great. Also you want to use this opportunity to keep your friends safe."

"I guess your right." She sighed. "Just one more then"

Draco smiled and kissed her again. This time Hermione felt he tried to put all the words and feelings into this kiss. Then it ended far to soon for either of there liking and Draco was gone leaving her alone in the empty classroom. For just a moment she thought about the 'What if?'.

She slowly made her way to the Gryffindor Common room and sat on the couch alone staring at the fire. It was then she remembered the black parchment that Draco gave her before the start of term feast. She pulled it out and read the short note:

I am counting on you to make the right choice.

As soon as she finished reading the note it burst into flames. Causing Hermione to let out a small squeak and drop the parchment where it burned and vanished. 

"Why does this choice have to end with me losing all the people I hold dear, so I can protect them?" She whispered looking into the fire before giving a frustrated sigh and going to bed.