Chapter 15

Dylan POV

"Dylan look, that is our beautiful baby boy. He looks just like you doesn't he."

I stared down at my beautiful wife who just gave birth to our second child. A beautiful boy made from the love of Leah and I.

"Daddy, can I see my baby brother now."

A little girl, no more than three years old, tip toes to try and see her brother.

"Of course, come here."

I say as I carry her to see her awe at her new baby sibling and mother.

"Finally you guys have a son. Now I can teach my nephew my legendary man skills."

A young adult Jamie says. Slapping him on the back of his head, he chuckles as we start bickering.

This is my family, my world.

I snap out of my dreams, as I hear footsteps approaching me. Being in the military, I have to always be vigilant, and no matter how bad my hangover was, I started getting up from my position.

Before I can get up, a pole swinging at me as I head grunts. I notice Leah's tiny figure trying to swing the wooden stick at me.

"Shit stop. Ahh, Leah. It's me Dylan!"

"Oh my. I'm so sorry, I thought you were someone else."

She immediately stops hitting me and looks gulity. I can't blame her, knowing I snuck into her room in the middle of the night.

I felt a stabbing pain on my jaw, as she grabs my face and brings it close to her, as she examines the bruise.

"I'm so sorry, hold on a second. I'll get ice for it"

"Leah it's fine. It's a tiny bruise."

She grudgingly agreed, and slowly nodded to her bed. Curiosity took over her remorse expression as she questioned me.

"What are you doing in our room? You looked like you were sleeping on the floor."

"I was just coming through here when I noticed your room and saw you."

I couldn't tell her the truth, that I couldn't sleep without knowing she was ok, that I missed her. She'll know I'm whipped and she has me wrapped around my finger.

She put an end to my blabbering nonsense, once she figured I won't spill the truth. At least not for now.

"Dylan why are you really here? And what is that god awful smell? It smells allay like alcohol. Were you drunk?"

Oh god, I'm sure I reeked of whisky, sweat, and whatnot. I'm not necessarily a lightweight, but a few glasses of hard liquor can make anyone at least tipsy, or slightly drunk.

"Look Leah don't get mad. I wasn't drunk, I just had a few glasses. If anything I was a bit tipsy really."

"Well then if you weren't drunk you should know why you decided to come to this room last night?"

"I was just walking by and decided to check in on Jamie and you."

Clearly, making lies on the spot worsened the pounding in my head. I tried rubbing my tramples with my fingers, but it wasn't working.

I expected her to kick me out by now, but instead she told me to wait on the empty bed. Leah surprises me everyday with her actions.

"I'll be right back. Sit in the empty bed."

"Wait Leah, why?"

Instead of replying to me, she went out the door, to who knows where. Groaning, I patiently waited for her, while trying to soothe my headache.