Chapter 21

Leah POV

The moment I saw Dylan putting his life on the line, to save his fellow soldier, I knew I made a mistake not hearing him out.

The past week has been miserable for both Jamie and I. Not only were we living our lives with constant fright and looking out for the terrorists, but the love of my life and the ones we considered our friends were gone.

"Dylan?"

I nervously called out. I realized that all this time I merely existed, but after meeting Dylan I started living my life.

His body froze for a second, recognizing my voice immediately. Shock took over his face, as he saw both Jamie and I.

"Leah? What are you doing here? Are you ok, where's Jamie?"

Avoiding the bricks and dusts, Dylan crawls up to us. If it wasn't for our situation, it would be quite comical seeing a six foot man crawling in such a tiny space.

"You're hurt, you're bleeding!"

I crawl up to him immediately, noticing the bullet graze on his hip and a few other cuts and bruises. I assessed his wounds and he looked down at me smiling like an idiot, my idiot. Looking to see if he had any major injuries, he grabbed my face and looked into my eyes.

"Are the both of you ok? You guys aren't hurt, right?"

"We're fine, just a bit shook."

He kissed my forehead and looked down to check if we were truly unharmed. Looking back into my eyes with his green ones which showed nothing more than love, regret, and honesty, he began to explain the truth.

"I'm so, so sorry Leah. You have to believe me, I do trust you. Both of you with my life. It's just that if my men found out that I trusted the two people who lived here for so long and stumbled here randomly and not my own men, a dispute I'll arise.

I couldn't risk it. I was going to tell you, but I just forgot. For the first time in my life, I was truly happy and wanted to forget all the negativity.

I'm so sorry, my love. If you can't forgive me, I understand, but please come back to the camp. Knowing that both of you are safe is enough for me."

I felt so guilty for not rusting him enough to realize that as a Sargeant it was his duty to be doubtful of everyone. I didn't realize how selfish I've acted.

Just as I was about to reply, Jamie noticed Dylan and immediately flung himself to him. That just confirmed my answer even more.

"Dylan?"

"Hey, buddy"

"I missed you so much. Leah told me to leave and I didn't understand why, bht now you're here. Are we going back Leah?"

They both looked at me with hopeful eyes and similar puppy faces. For a second, it scared me, noticing the stark similarities.

"Yes, we're going back. Please don't ever lie to me again Dylan."

He hugged both Jamie and I tightly, as if using his body as a shield from the war. I missed his musky smell, warmth, and most importantly the sparks I felt whenever we touched. I gave him a sweet kiss pouring all the love I and for him, as he did the same.

"I love you, mi amore"

"I love you, Dylan"

We whispered sensually to each other before sharing a short kiss again. That is until our sweet moment was interrupted by the noise in his radio.

We both snapped out of our love fest and realized we were in the middle of a gun war. Grabbing the radio, he began to say his commands.

"Group two and four are safe for now. Should we attack now Sarge?"