Chapter 46

Leah POV

Coming home, I carried Miracle to her room as she slept soundly while Jamie went to do his homework. Ridding myself of my clothes, I entered my tub filled with warm water.

Everything that has happened today came crashing before me, as I broke down in tears. All this suffering could have been avoided, but instead Dylan decided to make me believe of his so-called death.

"Leah?"

"Yes, Jamie."

"It's been two hours, are you alright?"

I quickly got up from the tub, realizing that I fell asleep in my bath. I didn't know, I was there for such a long time. Wrapping myself in a towel, I left the bathroom and changed into my clothes. Opening the door, I see Jamie waiting for me while Miracle ran up and hugged my legs.

"Sorry guys, I seem to have fallen asleep. I'll make dinner quickly."

"Leah, there's no need. I already made some spaghetti and sauce."

"Thank you, Jamie."

I helped him plate the food, as he set up Miracle into her chair. We said a prayer, mine usually consisted of Dylan's soul resting in peace up in heaven, except now my prayers were of my uncertain future.

We proceeded in eating dinner, with Jamie and Miracle in their occasional banter. I tried to involve myself in it, but it seemed futile as my thoughts were all about my dead, but very much alive husband.

"Leah, is everything alright. You seem awfully quiet."

"I actually need to talk to the both of you about something."

"What is it mommy?"

"Why don't we clean our plates and sit down to talk about it."

Jamie cleaned the plate as I ran a bath for Miracle. Although it was our favourite, spaghetti and sauce is a messy dinner, which often ended in more sauce on my daughter than in her.

Walking into the living room with Miracle in my hands, I placed her on the sofa beside Jamie, as I sat in front of them. I don't know how they'll react, how I want them to react. I nervously start explaining today's events.

"Today, I saw someone important."

"Who, Leah?"

"It, he, um. It's Dylan."

I look at their faces, expecting some emotions, when all I see is shock and an expressionless face.

"Are you telling me you saw the ghost of your husband?"

"I thought daddy was with god now?"

"Well apparently he's still on earth, healthy and alive."

"Does that mean you saw daddy?!"

I hear a squeal before I see a megawatt smile on my daughter's face. I don't think I've ever seen her this happy. An automatic smile etches on my face, which vanished when I saw Jamie's face contort from confusion to anger.

"Jamie, did you hear mommy. She said she saw daddy. When will we see him? Does he want to see me? Where was he all this time? Mommy?"

"He wants to see you, the both of you. He's heard so much and loves you both dearly."

"I want to see him too. I'll tell him of all my dolls and show my drawings. Maybe he likes chocolate ice cream like me too. Does he like chocolate ice cream mommy?"

"He does and I'm sure he will love to see your toys and drawings. Miracle, I think it's past your bedtime. I'll tell you all about your father tomorrow morning."