Chapter 38

Leah POV

I woke up to complete darkness, with a pounding headache. For a second, I thought I lost my sight, until I saw some stars shining through a barred window.

Despite my body's protest, I crawl towards the window, to figure out where I was and what I was doing here. In a flash yesterday events were brought back to me.

I remember walking down the hallway towards our room to finish the painting when I felt someone wrap a piece of clothing on top of my mouth from behind. Before I could fight them, I succumbed to unconsciousness.

As if on instinct, I immediately placed my hand on my stomach and sighed in relief when I felt my baby bump. If not for me, for our child, I have to find a way to leave this place.

Feeling around the room with the little light provided from the moon and stars I slowly found a metal door. Banging on out I screamed for help and to let me be free. I was scared, alone, lost, and helpless.

The door flew open and I fell backwards as I felt blood drizzle down my forehead. Holding my head I look up to see a man, nearly as tall as Dylan, but with a much bigger body built.

"Stop screaming like a mad woman. It's the middle of the fucking night."

"You kidnapped me, what do you expect me to do! Let me out! What do you want from me?!"

"I'm just working for our leader. If you have any questions wait until he comes to deal with you. Now, if you don't shut up I swear I'll drug you again."

"No, please don't. I'll be quiet."

I whimpered silently and slid towards the wall opposite to him. I'm sure whatever they're using to drug me can be dangerous to my developing baby.

"You know, with the moon shining on you, you are a pretty lady."

He walked towards me as I tried to crawl backwards, but the wall prevented me from doing so. It felt as if my heart jumped out of my mouth, with each step he took near me.

I prayed that he wouldn't assault me, but it was futile as he gripped my hair tightly and forcibly laid his rough lips on top of mine. Tears were strolling down my cheeks, as I tried to get out of his grip. His hands began exploring my body, before I was able to kick him in his guts.

He coughed up really loudly, as I tried to find something to defend myself. I gave up hope when I felt the empty floor and the tear gates opened again as he looked at me with anger.

"Please don't. Please, I'm begging you."

I sobbed and begged. As if my prayers have been answered a voice was heard from outside.

"Boss, isn't going to be happy if you touched her before him."

"He won't be even interested in her."

"You know the rules Hugo. Take her after, not now. Stop being annoying and come here now."

His body finally turned around and I sighed in relief that he's leaving; at least for tonight. Before I saw it coming, his large fist banged the side of my face as black dots appeared in my vision.

"Hugo! What that's you done. Boss is going to be mad that you damaged her!"

That's the last thing I heard before I succumbed to the darkness, once again.

I felt some wet substance in me and some poking.

"Hey get up. Leader wants to see you."

Groaning, I woke to the sight of a scrawny man with a mop. Splashing the dirty water at me again, I finally woke up to see it was already day time.