prologue

"THERES A CITY,
WAY DOWN IN THE RIVER,
WHERE THE WOMEN ARE VERY PRETTY, AND THE MEN DELIVER."

EUDORA WAS NAMED after her grandmother who had died shortly before Dora and her twin brother, Louis (who was named after their uncle who wasn't really their uncle) were born. Her mother told her stories of her grandmother and grandfather every night, but Eudora and Louis favourite stories was the one where her mother and father had been turned into frogs by the shadow man.

Now, that wasn't to say the two kids were scared shirtless of the shadow man, but the story of how 'Tiana's place' (her mother's restaurant) was made, inspired them almost every day.

Tiana was never one for grand things, continuing to live the way she used to (just a tad bit more comfortably) along with her husband Prince Naveen. The couple remembered the night the villains were thrown to the Isle of the Lost, the night they finally became humans after being frogs for so long. They watched the Shadow Man sucked into the ground and were later told it was because he got sucked over to the Isle.

Louis and Eudora both grew up in Tiana's place and both learning things they now loved. Louis grew a love of jazz and music, always trying to climb up the stage and use one of the instruments, whereas Eudora helped her mother cook and greet guests and grew loving singing and dancing, later joining Auradon Prep's school choir where her talents were found and brought to light.

It was at Auradon Prep the two met Atlas, the son of Hercules and Megalara, Maya, the daughter of Alice from the legend of Wonderland and a tight knit friendship group was formed, later being joined by Jay, the son of Jafar.

It wasn't until she found herself lost on the Isle of the Lost with a pirate boy who annoys her to no end does she realise that shadows follow everywhere.

- "That's gonna cost you, Slimey." -

- "My name is not Slimey!" -