Authors Note.

!!PLEASE READ BEFORE MOVING ON!!

Wednesday - August 19, 2020.

Welcome to Seven Twenty-Eight! This book has been a huge passion project of mine for the past year and I'm really excited to finally share it with the world. I started this story in August of 2019 after coming across a very very old Harry Potter fan fiction that I wrote probably around the age of 11 (spoiler alert: it was awful). I stopped an incredibly rough version of this story in November of 2019, completely unsatisfied with its direction and switched everything up and moved forward with a fresh start just days later and completed that second version in March 2020. I worked on various different projects that stretched out its completion and after taking about an hour long break, moved on to simultaneously working on cleaning up its details and a whole other project that has consumed me for the past five months. In May, I finished cleaning and sharing it with a good friend of mine, who only encouraged me more.

I closed my mind to it, focusing on my other project and attempted to begin publishing this one in the middle of July before I quickly realized that I wasn't even pleased with the cleaned up version and that I couldn't directly publish what I had previously shared. I was basically going crazy at that point. I knew I needed fresh eyes. So here it is. The fourth and final version of Seven Twenty-Eight.

There are some things that I want to disclose before you move forward.

First and foremost, I want to clearly note the structure and timeline of this book. With the prologue taking place in August of 2018, the story moves forward to take place in between the rest of 2018 and July 2019. HOWEVER, referring back to my inspiration for this concept, it was a Harry Potter fan fiction that I wanted to keep as many aspects of that I possibly could, which means there's a big lack of technology used and spoke of. I used this specific timeline because, at the time, it was easiest to refer to in terms of current events.

The second thing I want to address if the massively important trigger warning in the description. When I wrote the original fan fiction, it was during a very rough time in my life that I poorly addressed then and I want to do better. I rearranged the way things occur, as well as the way I cover those themes. With that said, I'm placing a formal trigger warning right here:

The following novel discusses themes such as sexual and domestic violence, underage drinking, depression, and suicide. I will be placing an asterisk (*) in the titles of chapters that heavily cover one of the previously mentioned themes, HOWEVER, there are subtle mentions of a lot of these that I can't always asterisk (otherwise, there would be one on about 3/4 of the story). I also will make a note of the upcoming trigger at the beginning of said chapters but please continue to read with caution and at your own risk.

At the bottom of this note, I've left the numbers of hotlines for the United States that I encourage you to use when necessary. My messages are always open to anyone who needs to talk, but please keep in mind that I'm no professional.

As you read, please keep in mind that I made these characters. I made them with love and took my time (over a whole year, literally) learning their personalities and the way that they all tick and function. I know them better than anyone else ever could, no matter how much I could tell you about them. I love and adore them with all my heart and I would prefer that everyone respects every decision they make and action that they take. If you have any questions on their character, please feel free to comments on a particular section or message me privately and I'll happily respond.

I really hope that you can enjoy my work (if you don't, please feel free to leave :)) and can learn to love these characters as I have.

All the love,
G.

Abuse and Suicide Hotlines (USA):

National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255

Domestic Violence Hotline (Call): 1-800-799-7233

Domestic Violence Hotline (Text): 1-800-787-3224

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673