Chapter 16: A Piece Of A Heritage Broken

The crew ran down different alleyways trying to find somewhere to escape to. Whether it was traveling the vast desert nearby or finding a new ship or transport, they had to escape Bonadan's burning city as soon as possible. While they were all running down an alleyway, Jayden whispered to Connor, "There's something I must do now, and I have to do it alone."

Connor was confused. "Wh-What do you mean?" he responded.

"Trust me, I have to do this!" Jayden said. "Trust only the Force." she continued before going in the opposite direction into another alleyway.

Draco then yelled, "What was that about?!"

"It's Jayden..." Connor muttered. "She abandoned us again!"

"Well you know how she is-WHOA!" Draco was interrupted by the sight of Aura jumping down from a burning building. She activated her red lightsaber and said to the crew, "You are not going anywhere! NOT TODAY!"

"Now where have I heard that before..." Talwo muttered, thinking of what Tamet Breuan had said before Draco shot him.

Connor and Jiro activated their green and blue lightsabers respectively. "I'll hold her off." Jiro said. "Stay back." Jiro then started to charge at Aura, but with a small wave of her hand, she flung Jiro into a wall, knocking him out.

"No!" Connor yelled. "Jiro..."

"You know, it would be wise to surrender." Aura said with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, maybe." Connor said. He turned around to face the Shield Squadron. "I need all of you to get out of here! Find a transport, reunite with Jayden, and pick me up if I-" Connor was cut short by Aura's red lightsaber plunging through the side of his stomach. Connor screamed in pain as the plasma of the blade impaled him.

"CONNOR!!!" Shira yelled. She tried to run towards him but Oberon held her back.

"What are you doing?!" Oberon said. "He said for us to go find us a ship!"

"Yeah you heard him." Aaron said. "Let's go!" The Shield Squadron then ran away from Connor and Aura and back through the alley

"This... ends... NOW!" Aura yelled before deactivating her lightsaber. Connor then fell to the ground, whimpering in pain as his lightsaber fell from his hands and to Aura's feet. "I'm gonna need this! This was my mothers lightsaber after all!" she said.

Connor then got up with his hand on his stomach's side. "G-Give it... back!" he mumbled.

"I'm afraid I won't!" Aura said sadistically. She then did the unthinkable, she activated her red lightsaber and sliced Connor's lightsaber in half.

"NO!!!!" Connor yelled angrily. He then used the Force on Jiro's blue lightsaber and activated it, charged at Aura and angrily clashed sabers with her. Aura had broken her own mother's lightsaber.

Jiro woke up a few minutes later, his vision was blurry. All he could make out was what appeared to be a blue light converging with a red light. As time went by, he noticed it was Connor using Jiro's own lightsaber to duel Aura in the environment of the burning city. He ran up to the two of them and yelled "Get away from him!" and forced pushed Aura into a crumbling and burning building.

Jiro looked at Connor's stomach wound. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I-It's not that bad..." Connor said. "I've been through worse, trust me."

"Why were you using my lightsaber?" Jiro said.

"There's no time for questions right now!" Connor said. "We must regroup with the others at once!" he continued. Connor and Jiro turned backward and starting running back down the alleyways. Hopefully the crew had found a transport and reunited with Jayden again by now.