Chapter 9

"So..." Daisy looked at her friend as she took a seat on the edge of the fountain in the Clock Tower Courtyard. "Do you and Jason have Divination together?"

Mia sat down next to her while letting out a relieved sigh. "No. Thankfully I only have it with other Ravenclaws."

"And do you like it so far?" She asked curiously.

"I really do," the brunette smiled. "I honestly can't wait to learn more."

"Aw, that's good!" Daisy clapped her hands together.

"I know," she nodded. "How's Muggle Studies?"

"Well, it seems interesting, but since it's only the second week, I can't really tell yet, you know?"

"I understand."

"Have you talked to Kaden?"

"Only once, but even then he was with Potter Junior, so we only spoke a few words. Arvin said that he's keeping an eye on him, so I'm not worried," she shrugged.

"It's nice to see that he and Albus became such good friends already, isn't it?" Daisy smiled warmly.

"I guess. As long as Kaden is happy, I don't mind."

The sound of nearing footsteps made them look up, the sight causing Mia to tilt her head backwards and let out a frustrated sigh. "Speak of the devil..."

"There she is!"

Three Gryffindor boys walked out to the Courtyard and made their way straight to the two girls.

"Can't you leave me alone?" Mia frowned. "I only got here a few minutes ago, how did you manage to find me already?"

"I know, right?" James grinned, stopping in front of the girl. "It's almost like I have a map that shows me exactly where you are at all times."

She raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. "Do you?"

"Maybe," the Gryffindor shrugged.

"Stop using it, then," she narrowed her eyes. "You have no right to violate my privacy like that."

"Well, what else am I supposed to do? I already tried approaching you multiple times since we got back, but you always manage to vanish."

"Take a hint, Potter," she spat, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I just want to talk, is that such a crime?" He tilted his head to the side.

"Yes, it is. I suggest you stop trying before you find yourself in Azkaban."

"Like your grandfather did at some point?" James asked, one corner of his mouth turning upwards.

"Exactly," the girl nodded. "Or like the man that you're named after."

The boy let out a low chuckle while shaking his head, then he glanced back at her. "How was your summer, Mia?"

"Peaceful," she answered immediately, making him break out in a grin.

"Oh, really? Mine was awful. Do you know why?"

"No, and I don't care, but I'm sure you're going to tell me anyway."

"It's because I didn't see you for three months."

She couldn't help but roll her eyes at the Gryffindor's words. "Knock it off, Potter."

"I have two names that you could choose from, why do you always call me that?" He groaned.

"I can stop if you want. The only thing you need to do is to never talk to me ever again."