chapter 20 - i cant part 3

Rain drops were slowly dripping down, burning my brown skin.

I sighed, trying to find a way to bring my drunk ass home safely. Melissa texted me half an hour ago that she and ale already left. 'Ok the day is officially the worst day in my life' I tell myself.

"Get in" I hear a familiar voice say.

Dont tell me its-

Mattia's pov

"Alright" I sigh as i end the call with ale.

Melissa and ale felt bad for leaving raven there alone in the club so they called me to go and pick her up. Of course I couldnt say no. So i got up and took my car keys before driving to the club. My outfit was based on a t-shirt and some sweatpants, so theres nothing to judge.

When I found her, I pulled up in front of her but she didnt even notice me.

"Get in" I told her.

She took a moment before slurring "what? No".

"Your drunk" I stated.

The rain started pouring heavier so I raised my eyebrow at raven knowingly.

"Ok ok I'll get in" she gave in and got in the car.

The entire drive was dead silent. I know she must have cried because her make up is all smeared and her eyes are still a little bit puffy.

"Have you been crying?" I had to ask.

She just settled her eyes on mine for a moment before turning away again. I might have seen a small smile appearing on her face.

"I may or may not have-" she turned back to me, letting me confirm the fact that I saw her smile for a moment.

"Stop" I glared at her. She was playing with me but I wanst in the mood to play. A mix of irritation, frustration and guilt started to build up in me.

"No" she said sternly.

Liar.

"Your eyes are puffy" I raise my brow again.

"Ok. Yeah I have" she rolled her eyes.

"Why?" I'm just slowly praying that I'm not part of the reason she's been crying.

"Am i-" i gulp down my fear. "Am i the reason for your tears?"

She stayed silent. Her head was leaning against the window with her also facing the window.

"Raven.." I was acctually begging her.

"Were here" she scanned the place I was slowly driving to.

"Wait-were at your house" she narrows her eyes at the window before turning to me. It's the changing the subject for me-

"Yeah. I brought you here because your parents-"

"Arent home anyways..blah blah blah. It's getting old" she continues.

"I just like you next to me" I say truthfully.

She obviously couldn't look at me because I only catch a glimpse of her eye before she turned to the window again. She opened the car and got out with me following after.

Before raven could take a step further I yanked her back gently and positioned my eyes on her. Which wasn't very hard because my eyes never left her in the first place. We were so close to eachother but she wasnt looking at me.

"Look at me raven" please do. You're hurting me.

When she acctually looked up, which I thought wouldn't happen, I took my hand and placed it on her jaw. (A/n I tried to avoid the word "cheek" lol)

"You would tell me if im the reason you're hurting right?" I knew she wouldn't. But there was this 10% hope.

She stayed silent. What was I getting a silent treatment for? I'm offended.

"Right?" I repeat with a little more irritation.

"No. No I wouldn't and you know it" she pushed me away and took a step away from me.

I stared at her for a minute. Wow that 10% turned into 0% real quick. I took step to the door so I could open it for both of us. When I finally opened the door she walked past me and entered the house. How about thank you?

@ my house

After handing raven some water and giving her my clothes, I quickly jump on the bed next to her. Yup I was going to sleep next to her.

I could just go to my room and sleep but I just told myself that she wasnt 'safe' sleeping alone. It was more like I wasnt 'safe' without her because i needed raven. And i know she needed me too. Or I hoped she needed me.

It didnt take up to 2 mins for raven to peacefully close her eyes and sleep. With that I did the same.