12. Let's Jump Out a Window

"Let's go find this daughter of wisdom first," Clarisse said.

"Yeah, but... how? It's not like we can go down the stairs," Drew said, gesturing to the door which Piper was currently banging on. Well, they assumed it was Piper. Who else would it be?

"Well we'll jump out the window," Clarisse said bluntly, "It's just big enough for us to fit through."

Cue the spit take. Drew stumbled backwards, gasping dramatically. "Um, excuse me? Jump out the window?! Are you insane?! We're three stories high! That's like, fourty feet up... or something," Drew said.

"We'll be fine. There's some huge bushes down there that'll totally soften our fall," Clarisse said.

"Uh, you sound like you've done this before..." Drew drawled out, raising her eyebrow.

Clarisse smirked, but didn't reply. "So are you going to do it?" Clarisse said.

"It sounds like I'll break a nail... or bone," Drew said, unsure.

"What's more important? Your nail or your friends?" Clarisse demanded.

Drew was genuinely super conflicted. "Well..."

"Drew!" Clarisse snapped. "Just jump out the window! You'll be fine!"

Drew turned to Rachel. "Will I be fine?" She said.

Rachel shrugged. "Beats me. I've never jumped out this window before," Rachel said. Drew took note that Rachel said this window. So the redhead has jumped out of windows before... Drew honestly wasn't surprised.

Drew sighed, but after carefully contemplating it, she finally made her decision. "Okay," Drew said grumpily, "Let's jump out the window I guess."

"Yes!" Clarisse said happily. "I swear you'll be okay."

Drew just muttered a Greek curse word under her breath. "You go first, Clarisse," Drew said quickly.

"Gee, thanks," Clarisse said dryly. She walked over to the window muttering about betrayal. Sure enough, the window was just big enough for them to fit through. Clarisse grabbed a stool and stood on it so it'd be easier to reach the window. She open it open, then... dove right our head first.

Drew couldn't help but scream. She ran over to the window and looked out to make sure Clarisse was okay. "Clarisse!" She screamed. "Are you dead?"

She heard a loud groan from down bellow and Clarisse's head peaked up from the bushes. "Uh... yeah. Maybe don't go head first though," Clarisse said, rubbing her forehead.

"Okay, good!" Drew called down.

"Uh, yeah. Now shut up!" Clarisse snapped.

"Right!" Drew shouted down, then slapped her hand over her mouth. Clearing her throat, she tried again, this time whispering, "Right."

Drew took a deep breath, climbing over to the window. She swung one foot out, then the other, climbing onto the window sill that she sat on. "Just jump!" Clarisse called up, diving out of the bushes so Drew wouldn't land on her.

"Okay," Drew said, taking a deep breath. "I... I'll jump on three."

"Again with the whole 'on three' thing! Just jump, Tanaka!" Clarisse screamed.

Drew sighed. "Okay, but your pressure seriously isn't helping!"

"Whatever," Clarisse groaned, "Just jump!"

"I..." Drew said, fidgeting with her fingers.

"Tanaka, I swear!" Clarisse growled. "Just. Flipping. Jump!"

"Fine!" Drew yelled down. "But you shut up now!"

"Fine!" Clarisse called up.

Drew took a deep breath, closed her eyes... and jumped out the window.

Aaaand she's dead. The end!

Nah, I'm kidding, don't worry. Did I scare you? Probably not but whatever. Thanks for reading to whoever has read this far!