21. Elixir of the Creator Will Attain

"What?!" Dove demanded, pushing her way forward.

"Drew, we can't let you do that!" Adele said.

"Why would you guys care? You barely know me," Drew grumbled. "This is my chance to prove myself."

"Drew, you don't have anything to prove. You've already done it enough, more then enough actually. Just please don't sacrifice yourself. We've already lost Clarisse, we can't lose you too," Dani said.

"Don't you guys see though? I've already fulfilled my part of the prophecy, I've freed you all. I'll perform the time spell and you guys can do your thing and save the day. I'll bring us all back to the past and you will make sure Piper doesn't do this all. I freed you all for a reason. So please, just let me do this," Drew said.

"No, you don't understand," Sybil said, "We need a leader. I mean, we're totally clueless!"

"No, I'm totally clueless. You're the leader they all need, Sybil. You're smart, cunning, brave, a medical genius. You're the reason we even succeeded at doing this. You knew we had to perform a time spell. You knew how to summon Chaos. You did summon Chaos. You're the leader they all need, Sybil, not me," Drew said.

"Well you're the reason I'm able to make these decisions in the first place! You freed me from Piper's charm! And it's not like I'm the only one making decisions," Sybil protested.

"You're just the one making the good decisions! I'm the one who decided to leave Clarisse behind. I'm the one that overworked myself and now I can't use my powers for 24 or more hours," Drew said. "Just please listen to me guys. Let me do this. Who else would?"

"Me," Chandler said.

"Uh, no. Me," Marcel said.

"Not a chance!" Adele said. "I am g-"

"Stop it you guys! We're wasting time! Just let me perform the time spell before it's too late!" Drew snapped, cutting her off.

"Drew Tanaka is correct. The longer you sit around, the less chance you have at succeeding. Drew will perform the time spell, and that is final," Chaos's voice echoed around them.

"If Chaos says so, then we have to!" Drew said. She turned to Chaos. "What do I do?"

"I'll give you my potion. Drink it and you'll temporarily have the power to travel into the past. You can take your friends with you simply by touching them. You'll say the incantation and you'll travel back to where you want. But you must be warned, the spell is extremely powerful and draining. It's almost certain you won't make it out alive, Drew Tanaka," Chaos explained.

"Okay," Drew nodded, "And what's the incantation?"

"You're not seriously actually going to do this, are you?" Darrell demanded.

"I obviously am," Drew said. She turned back to Chaos. "So what is it?"

"Με τη δύναμη του Χάους, πήγαινέ με πίσω. Με τη δύναμη του Χάους, πήγαινέ με πίσω," Chaos said, speaking in Greek. "And make sure you think of the exact time and date you want to go back to."

(A/N Sorry if you guys speak Greek and none of that is right or anything. I don't and had to use a translator. Not google translate though since I know that's sketchy)

"Okay," Drew said, turning to the others. "You guys ready?"

"No!" The other demigods all said in unison.

"Well... I am, and that's all we need," Drew said. She inhaled sharply, then turned back to Chaos. "Okay, give me the potion. Please."

"Just for some more details you certainly need, you will be taking the places of yourselves in the past in that timeline. And as soon as you change the timeline, you will lose your memories of this timeline. You'll believe the timeline you're in has been the one you've always been in," Chaos said.

"So we'll forget all about each other?" Dani frowned, looking at Sybil.

"About the charm?" Sybil said.

"About you and everything that has happened in the past few days?" Chandler said.

"Indeed," Chaos said.

Everyone frowned, but said nothing. They hated all this, but knew it had to be done for the greater good.

"Okay," Drew said, taking a deep breath. She reached out and grabbed onto Chandler's hand, who grabbed onto Adele's, who grabbed onto Marcel's, who grabbed onto Dove's, who grabbed onto Darrell's, who grabbed onto Sybil, who then grabbed onto Dani's. They were united.

Drew's free hand flashed and a small bottle with a golden liquid inside of it appeared in it. Drew gripped it tightly, then tilted her head back, gulping down the golden liquid. A sharp, tingling sensation went through her, but besides that, she didn't feel any different.

She closed her eyes, gripping Chandler's hand tightly in fear. He just nodded assuringly, even though she couldn't see him with her eyes closed. "Με τη δύναμη του Χάους, πήγαινέ με πίσω. Με τη δύναμη του Χάους, πήγαινέ με πίσω," Drew said.

A bright white light began to envelope them all. Drew knew it was working, but it wasn't enough. Taking a shaky breath, she said it again. "Με τη δύναμη του Χάους, πήγαινέ με πίσω. Με τη δύναμη του Χάους, πήγαινέ με πίσω."

The light grew brighter and brighter. Drew continued to say it over and over again, speaking with fluent Greek. Each time she said it though, she became more exhausted and in pain. The last time she said it, she almost stopped, so much searing pain was taking over her body. She let out a scream of pain, but just in time.

The light surrounding them suddenly flashed even brighter.

Everyone looked around, opening their eyes. They were no longer in the woods of Camp Half-Blood, but in front of the Big House in the broad daylight. They had successfully traveled back in time to the past.

They frantically looked around at each other, making sure they were all okay. They all were.

Except one.

Drew.

She was laying in a crumple on the ground, breathing rapidly, her face pale and her dark hair a tangled mess. Her eyes were dull and half closed. Everyone stared at her in horror, not knowing what to do.

Dove was the first speak, tears welling up in her eyes. "Drew!" She screamed, running over to the girl and crouching down besides her. Everyone quickly followed after her.

"No, no, no," Darrell repeated over and over.

"Drew," Sybil said, her voice breaking, "You... you can't leave. We... we need a leader."

"Y-you lead... S-S-Sybil," Drew choked out.

"You don't understand. I can't lead them. I - I can't!"

"C-can. Please," Drew said. She closed her eyes.

"No!" Sybil screamed. "Keep your eyes open! Don't close them! Don't! Please... don't..." She said, saying the last part quietly.

Drew let a small smile grow on her face. She then took her final breath, falling into an eternal sleep.

She was gone.