act three ➻ part three

"I said keep your leg straight!"

"It is straight," you counter, huffing through your teeth as Yunho smacks the underside of your calf yet again. It's probably the fourth time he's done so in the past twenty minutes, and he tells you to straighten your leg each time even though it's already perfectly straight.

"You need to get your eyes checked, because that is most definitely not straight." Yunho pulls away from the bed you're lying back on, and you let your leg fall back to the mattress so you can sit up and glare at the back of his head.

"You're the doctor here, so why don't you check them if you think there's an issue?"

"Your attitude is the issue here."

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be nice to me? Is that any way to talk to your patient?"

"If you did your exercises properly, maybe I would be nicer!" Yunho chastises, coming back to the edge of the bed with arms crossed over his chest. You resist the urge to roll your eyes but fall back to the mattress anyway and start doing the exercises again.

"I am doing them properly," you grumble. Seonghwa laughs from off to the side. He leans up against the wall, arms crossed like Yunho's, and in all honesty, you had forgotten that he was standing there all this time. You don't quite understand why he's on the ship today; the only thing you were told is that it was per Hongjoong's request. The captain took Yeosang with him to the city instead of Seonghwa, and San went along again as well. Based on Seonghwa and Yunho's exchanged whispers that ceased when you came into the medbay, it has something to do with you. You want to ask about it, but Yunho interrupts your train of thought by speaking again.

"I wish Hongjoong would let me off the damn ship for one day. Just one." He glances over at Seonghwa and plops down on his rolling stool that he's left near your bed. "I haven't been back here in years."

"Can I stop yet?" You interject, a slight whine to your words. Yunho pays you no mind though, so you just continue to do the exercises while he speaks to Seonghwa.

"It's wintertime on Kebos, which means winter festivals! And snow! When do we ever get to see snow?" Yunho slaps his palms against the bed. You jolt a little, whipping your chin to look at him. "Do you remember me telling you about it, Y/N?"

"W-What?"

"The winter festivals on Kebos?"

"I – no, I don't remember us ever having that conversation."

Yunho sighs and sits up straight again. He leans forward to tap your knee. For a moment, you think he's going to tell you to do the exercises properly again, so you prepare to smack him, but he doesn't.

"That's enough for today. I can't wear you out too much before you go spar."

"Thank goodness," you mutter, falling back to the mattress with a deep heave.

"Okay, but back to the festival thing – we're near the capital Reinig. Literally at the town right outside Reinig. I could take a day trip to the city to see the festival! But no, no, no. Not allowed. The healer has to stay on the ship even when there's no one to heal!" Yunho waves his hand through the air before bringing it to his pale locks. Seonghwa offers a smile that's filled with fondness. His arms fall away from his chest, and he blinks over at you for a few seconds then turns back to Yunho.

"Maybe Hongjoong can slow down for a day," Seonghwa suggests. "Let everyone have some time for themselves to do... anything they want to do. That way you could go to the festival. Maybe you could bring Wooyoung along? You'd have to take Yeosang as well, but that might not be so bad."