act four ➻ part one

It only takes three knocks against the cool metal of the door for Seonghwa to answer it. He blinks down at you, eyes a bit wide in surprise, but you don't let the surprise stay for long. You tug the edge of your sleeve a bit, folding the material against your palm as you fidget in front of him.

"Can I come in?" You ask in a quiet tone. You're barely able to look him in the eye, but he seems to find some amusement in that.

"You act like we don't do this every other night," he teases before stepping to the side to let you into the room. "Although you're considerably earlier than usual tonight."

Admittedly it's because of the nerves running through your system. Less than a day has passed since you informed Hongjoong of your identity as a Siren, and you spent the night cold and alone yesterday, thanks to Hongjoong bringing Seonghwa to the bridge to discuss things he'd said to you as well. Plans. One after the other, all options and possibilities, yet all pointing to the same end. Your revelation to him bought precious time – time that he intends to use to confront the man who betrayed him and provided a dead lead. Not the one who tore his crew apart from the inside out, no, but Hongjoong had claimed to you that this was the next best thing, and an equally terrifying adversary. He didn't divulge the rest of his plans to you at that moment but swore to once he and Seonghwa solidified the strategy moving forward.

And thus, it is stress that brings you to Seonghwa's door early, and the inherent need for comfort.

The door slides shut behind you, a sharp snap of the metal, and you turn to look at Seonghwa's face at last. It's almost intimidating how good he looks without any effort, black strands of hair framing his forehead with gentle curls. You dare to take a few steps towards him. He arches a brow as you push his back to the door, and one hand comes to rest on your hip as though by instinct.

"I-I was hoping... that, uh–" you cut yourself short. The embarrassment comes from nowhere; it's not the first time you've done this, and you doubt that this will be the last, yet Seonghwa's mere presence always makes you seize up and struggle with the smallest words. The hand on your hip shifts a bit. Then, all of a sudden, your back is the one hitting the cold surface of the door. Seonghwa's hand remains on your hip, but he brings his other one up to cage you between the door and his body. The action makes you feel so incredibly small. Your breath catches in your throat, and you sink your teeth into your lower lip to keep a gasp from slipping out.

"Were you hoping that I'd fuck you senseless beforehand?" Seonghwa asks as though it's the most casual question in existence. You bring a hand to his chest, slapping him for the crude comment, but don't deny his words. Your scandalized expression merely masks the hammering beat of your heart in your chest.

"Only if you think you can manage it," you whisper back, tilting your chin up a little. Seonghwa's lips twitch a bit at the insinuation in your words. The hand on your hip slides upwards to land on the base of your throat, but he hesitates there. Eyes flit up to meet yours before you drape a hand atop his. A small gesture, but a confirmation and an encouragement. As his grip tightens pleasurably around your neck, you secure a leg around Seonghwa's waist, drawing him closer to your body until all you feel is the heat of his presence. "More..."

That's all you need to say for him to let loose a barely restrained growl, and Seonghwa secures an arm behind your back before lifting you off the door. Lips meet in a mess of teeth and saliva. Your back curves to mold against Seonghwa's body like it's what you're made for, his tongue flicking over your bottom lip and begging entrance only once before you grant it.

"If you keep saying things like that, I won't be able to hold back," Seonghwa murmurs, still pressed tight to your lips. You thread your fingers through his dark hair and tug him back just far enough to whisper a response.