class system

Warning: Do not read the information contained within this document if you are not a member of the Royal Military of Aurum. Reading the following information will put you at risk of imminent danger or death. If you have stumbled across this document by mistake, please report it to your local authorities. Honor and glory to our High King Alaric - may he rest in peace.

Normies:

Normal people born without any special abilities or advantages, Normies are considered a dying breed of people who have little to no use in the world. A harsh and cruel truth, many Normies work as simple workers or farmers on highly inhabited planets to avoid danger.

The Royal Military refuses to accept Normies into their squadrons and ranks as to keep their ranks limited to the best of the best.

Pirates, bandits, and the like tend to be Normies that want to break the expectations set of them. They do grunt work in the crews, always under the lead of a higher class. There is no known Normie pirate captain in the universe.

Normies tend to live out their lives staying in the sanctity of one planet, never exploring or setting foot into space unless captured and sold as a slave. Normies are picked last when it comes to the slave trade, and many slave traders will avoid or lie about the Normies in their stock as to sell them off easier. They disguise them as Sirens more often than not, drawing crude and temporary tattoos on the back of the Normie to cover their lie as best they can.

The epitome of 'normal', Normies are considered to be 'lesser' people because they lack abilities like other classes.

Elitists:

Elitists are typically believed to belong to the upper class or have high rankings in society, however, elitists can come from any place in society. It is merely believed that they come from high society because of their title. 

Elitists have high egos and arrogance because of the way their brains are wired. They believe themselves to be better than those around them who are not Elitists as well. This arrogance causes divisions in class where Elitists from high societies look down upon and do not accept those from lower class societies.

Elitists have special abilities that aren't seen to the naked eye. They tend to have elevated mental capacities and are naturally much smarter than other people, leading them to be able to lead well and be in positions of power. Elitists have a special sense of how to operate ships and weaponry, as well as how to navigate. Skilled pilots and soldiers, many elitists are recruited into the military or to the government to be in positions of power. 

They tend to have strong moral compasses and understandings of how to get what they want, thus they tend to be on the right side of the law and avoid dealing with pirates, mercenaries, or bandits.

A majority of the pirate and bandit population are Elitist defectors. This is due to their desire to reach the top and be better than those around them. If they see a leader failing to do his job, they will take it upon themselves to do the job and take matters into their own hands.

An Elitist can be found to have skewed morals; however, all Elitists are known to be crudely logical and will forgo emotions in favor of being rational when it comes to decision-making.

Berserkers:

Berserkers are some of the most fearful and terrifying beings across the universe. Known for their behemoth-like strength, many Berserkers also tend to share in short tempers and short fuses, leading to an explosive personality both in conversation and in the battlefield for pirates and the military.

The Royal Military has developed special weapons to help deflect Berserkers, using electrocution as a regular method of attack against Berserkers to debilitate them. This weapon can be considered to be a glorified stun gun - the Fulmensory Rifle.

Typical pirates on the other hand tend to not keep Berserkers in their crews simply because of their short tempers and the lack of need for physical strength when on a ship.

All Berserkers bear red eyes. No other class in the universe has this same gene trait. The general rule of thumb for the public is as follows: see red eyes, turn the other way.

Berserkers absorb the emotional auras of those around them and channel those emotions into violence and aggression. They can be trained and conditioned over time to become insusceptible to these effects, but it is a long and arduous process. Physical conditioning with rods and rifles is a quicker and easier method.

Spectres:

Spectres are named as such for the quick speed and natural stealthy abilities. There one second and gone the next.

Very useful and promising for pirate crews, Spectres can use the shadows to their advantage in every way. They bear only one power, but it proves to be an effective one - shrouding themselves with shadows to remain hidden in plain sight for long periods of time. This ability is quite draining and exhausting, and a Spectre will typically need a long recovery time after using this power. 

They have a natural speed and agility, which proves useful for almost all situations. With this enhanced speed though, they tend to be more likely to fall ill or get injured more easily.

Spectres tend to be assassins because of their natural affinity for shadows and stealth, and the military uses them as such. They are perfect for covert units or assignments.

Pirates use Spectres for assassination and stealth missions, or thievery. Occasionally, pirates will use them for raiding missions, but never alone. They are typically always accompanied by people of other classes.

Spectres are most common among pirate and bandit crews as they are often taken young to be groomed into slaves as soon as possible. Many planets house so-called 'Spectre Orphanages' which are grooming stations for Spectre slaves. 

Spectres are rarely given names — merely titles instead, similar to how Sirens are treated. Spectres are considered objects, weapons to be used for that purpose alone.

Sirens:

Sirens are a unique and dying breed of people as well, very few sirens are left in the universe, primarily due to the fact that pirates and the military capture sirens. 

Almost all remaining sirens are kept as slaves, used as objects to do their master's bidding or used as a source of energy and power. 

The military uses sirens as siphons for weaponry. Every siren is born with a special mark between their shoulder blades, the sweet spot for the military to plug in their machinery and siphon a siren's powers.

The powers of a siren vary depending on the person. Some have been noted to read minds and emotions, although that seems to be a rare genetic mutation in sirens. Most have the ability to alter the density of objects and bodies, which is why sirens are so valuable to pirates and thieves. They can easily morph through objects, tear hearts out, or slip into places unnoticed.

It is said that five sirens together can unlock one of the universe's most secret and valuable treasures, although no man has ever laid eyes on it or lived to tell anyone where the treasure may be. Captain Kim Hongjoong of The Horizon is reportedly in search of the treasure.

Each Siren bears a special title, a moniker assigned to them at birth in place of a real name, something akin to a status symbol.

Sirens are connected through the Dreamscape. Whenever a Siren is nearby, they go to the Dreamscape together and can meet each other in dreams.

Through the Dreamscape they can learn about each other and know what the other is thinking and feeling. It's called a Siren's Intuition in the real world, where a Siren can sense another's distress and provide comfort. Comfort provided through the Dreamscape is considered to be far more potent and effective than real world comfort.