Ch 5: Homecoming

FRIDAY, OCT 5, 2018

I walk on stage and Y/N hands me a microphone before I turn towards my peers. "Hey guys," I begin into the mic, "I'm Lisa and this is my song called Bring Me to Life." DJ then begins playing my piano intro and my first ever live performance begins.

During the pause, just before the first chorus, I hear Rosie scream, "YEAH LISA!" just before Rip sings his line. I smile and that gets me really into it as I start to dance around the small stage to each member of Xero. Kenzie and I whip our hair around together as her fingers dance up and down the neck of her guitar, giving birth to the power cords that are blasting out of the speakers. The third verse was my favorite part as Y/N joins in with me and during our back and forth we stand face to face and sing at each other and cross one another as we both walk to opposite corners of the stage. I end the song and everyone cheers for us. I can't help but smile ear to ear and I go over and wrap my arms around Y/N.

He laughs and says, "Thank you, everyone. We are Xero, now let's go Blue Devils!"

Everyone cheers really loud one final time for the school team and slowly begins heading towards the field as the guards begin checking tickets and letting people through the gate.

I hop off the stage and am greeted with hugs from my friends.

"Lisa that was so great!" Rosie says. "You were like a legit rockstar up there!"

"Did you guys know he was gonna do that?" I ask. They all look at each other and smile. "For how long?"

"He told us this morning," Jennie says. "He wanted to make sure we wouldn't get offended for not doing our songs too."

"I tried but Principal Adams would only let me do one original," Y/N says, walking up behind me.

"And you chose mine?" I ask. "Jennie and Jisoo's is the best of the three in my opinion."

"Oh, wow... thank you!" Jennie smiles.

"Yeah, thanks!" Rosie says sarcastically and we laugh.

"One, we sing in your song so it was easier to pass off to him as one of ours. Two, you were the one that got the ball rolling on everyone making original songs so it's only fitting you'd get to perform it first. And lastly, I like yours the most," Y/N explains.

"Wow, no love anywhere, huh?" Rosie teases again.

"I like your song, Rosie!" Roose calls out while packing up the stage.

"At least I have one friend," she says. "Here Roose, let me help."

Rosie runs off to help the band tear the stage down.

"I better go help too," Y/N says. "You guys head down and grab us a spot. We'll be there in a few minutes."

We head over to the gate and give the guard our ticket to the game. The food court and a merchandise stand were inside the gate.

I could kill for something to eat right now. I completely forgot to eat at the not-a-tailgate.

We pass a giant inflatable version of the Wakefield Blue Devils football helmet connected to a tunnel aimed towards the field.