Ch 13: Birthdays, Valentines, and Meteora

SUNDAY, FEB 10, 2019

"Happy birthday to you!" We all finish singing as Rip and Rosie blow out the candles on their birthday cake. Both of their birthdays were tomorrow so we all decided to throw them a little double party at the Machine Shop.

"Thank you guys so much!" Rosie says, giving everyone a hug.

"Seriously, you're all the best!" Rip says as he cuts the cake and starts handing out slices.

"Rosie, we all got you a present," Y/N says.

We did? No one told me anything. I look at Jennie and Jisoo who also look confused.

Y/N hands her a small, thin present and Rosie unwraps it to reveal their unreleased album, Meteora.

Rosie gasps. "It's done?!"

"We just got our order of CDs in and we wanted you to be the first to get one."

"Aww, thank you so much!" Rosie says, giving the band another hug.

"Wait, we want a copy too!" Jisoo, Jennie, and I whine.

Xero laughs and Roose hands us each our own CD.

"Obviously don't let anyone hear it," he tells us, "but we just unveiled it on Instagram so it's fine if they see the cover."

"When did you do that?" I ask, pulling out my phone and going to their page.

"Any of the songs out?" I ask as I like the post and share it to my story.

"Not yet," Roose answers. "We're still deciding which song to release as the single. I want Numb."

"I think it should be Breaking the Habit," Rip says.

"Faint is a banger," DJ retorts.

"From the Inside is clearly the best," Dave says.

"I don't give a shit," Kenzie says as she takes a bite of her slice of cake.

"Well, you'll all figure it out," I say with a smile. Y/N smiles and taps my nose with his finger, leaving behind the white frosting of the cake.

"You both are nauseating," Jisoo says, feigning a gag. Everyone laughs as I give him a kiss.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Rosie asks. "Let's hear it!"

DJ goes over to the soundboard and begins the album from the beginning and we all jam out to it as we eat.

"Hey," Y/N says, walking over to me. "So I was wondering if you'd be ok with celebrating Valentine's Day on the 15th since it's on a Thursday this year."