Ch 10: Live from Rutgers University

SATURDAY, NOV 24, 2018

I finish putting on my makeup and look at myself in the mirror. Y/N said nothing fancy, it's just a casual hangout. I pull out an oversized t-shirt and short-shorts, yanking them on before stumbling over to the mirror. I finish brushing my hair out just as I hear Y/N knock on the door. I race down and open it for him.

"Hey," He smiles. I smile back and jump into a hug. He laughs and hugs me back. "So what are we watching?"

"I don't know," I say grabbing his hand and dragging him up to my room. "Let's figure it out."

We walk into my room and I shut the door behind us. Y/N walks around, checking the room out.

My bedroom is simple: white and pink stripes up and down the walls, white cabinets and shelves plaster on the walls around my TV and around the room and my bedspread reflects its surroundings with its similarly simple white and pink pattern.

I sit down on the foot of the bed and look at him as he awkwardly stands in the middle of the room.

I giggle. "You can sit, you know."

"Uh, right, sorry," he says. "It's a nice room. Very..."

"Girly?"

"Well, you are a girl so I probably should've expected it," he jests.

"What's Alex's room like?" I ask and he looks at me puzzled.

"What brought her up?"

"I was just curious. I don't know. Forget about it." Why DID I bring her up?

"So what are our choices?" He asks, taking a seat next to me on the bed.

"Anything on Netflix," I tell him.

"Oh! I have ad-free Hulu. I can share it with you if you want," he offers.

"Yeah! That'd be awesome!" I had him the remote and he downloads the app and logs in. The 'Who's Watching?' page loads up with five options: 'Y/N', 'Rip', 'William', 'Denise', and 'Add Profile'. "Aw, you share with Rip too?" I tease, looking over at him. "Are William and Denise your parents?"

"What? Oh, um y-yeah," he stammers before quickly pressing 'Add Profile' and making one for me.

There he goes again. He was fine a second ago, now he's all nervous. "Y/N, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing. It's Nothing," he says, focusing on the TV.

I rest my hand on his, gently pushing the remote down and look him in the eyes. "What's wrong?"

Y/N closes his eyes and takes a slow, deep breath. "I... I really don't wanna talk about it."

"Y/N, you can trust me with anything. I'm your girlfriend. I wanna be there for you and help you with whatever it is but I can't do that unless you tell me."

"Lisa, it's... I..." He scoffs and goes to his feet, dropping the remote on the bed. "I- I can't just-"

Oh! Ok, too much! Back it up, don't leave!

"Hey. Hey," I say rushing over to him, resting my hands on his shoulders. "Ok. It's ok. You don't have to tell me anything."

I snake my arms under his and around his chest and he hugs me tightly. We stay locked like this in the middle of my room. His breathing is deep and shaky as he recomposes himself.

After a minute or two, he slowly loosens his hold.

"I'm sorry," he whispers.

"Don't be. It's ok," I whisper back and flash him a smile.