☆ F L A S H B A C K 2☆

<!> FLASHBACK CHAPTER! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FOLLOWING CHAPTERS LEADING UP TO THIS ONE, GO BACK AND READ THEM! <!>

---
(Shuichi's Flashback)

"One.... two... three..." I counted out loud with my hands covering my eyes. But, they weren't completely covered, of course, because I didn't want to lose track of where Oma was. He could do something dangerous without my supervision, and even though we are close to the same age he does act a lot younger and less mature than even I am, hence that's probably why I was hired to watch Kokichi... 

Oh, we were playing hide and seek that day... It was probably Oma's idea, but who knows. Not like I would really remember...

I saw a purple blur, quickly slide behind the closet door. I slightly smiled, but kept counting.

"Ten... eleven... twelve... thirteen... fourteen... fifteen...!"  I finally finished, brushing some of my blue hair out of the way.

I pretended to look around, mumbling things about finding Kokichi under my breath to create some sort of illusion I didn't know where it was. Of course, I didn't know if it actually fooled the purple haired liar, but I still kept doing it until I reached the closet.

I smiled in victory as I opened the closet doors with a huge swing. But, that smile quickly faded into terror as I scanned the closet. 

Kokichi was no where to be seen. 

I spun around and turned on the light, turning back to the closet as soon as I heard a click of the lightbulb being turned on.

I looked over the closet again, making sure that I didn't just overlook him, but that was practically impossible when he has such noticeable features and hair. He's the prince! How could you not miss him?

"Kokichi... no.... please..." I felt an oncoming panic attack forming, and my breathing picked up. I would be executed for losing the prince... my only friend...

I cussed silently to myself and then I felt arms wrap around my waist. My heart sped up in beats and I went to scream out of alarm, but then a hand wrapped over my mouth.

My eyes widened and then I heard a familiar chuckle behind myself.

My shoulders sank and I stopped struggling against the person's grip. My eyes averted back to the person, and surely enough, it was the prince himself, staring brightly into my dull eyes.

I unwrapped his hand from my mouth so I could speak, but didn't bother unwrapping his arm from around my waist... I kind of... liked it?

"My prince, what are you doing?" I questioned him with narrowed eyes and a worried expression.

Oma shrugged and smiled again looking at the closet with an expression I couldn't really read.

"I knew that you kept your eyes opened, Saihara-chan! So, I threw my princess wig towards the closet, and quickly hid behind my desk!" He exclaimed while jumping, tightening his grip around myself.

"O-Oh... Huh... You're pretty clever, Kokichi..." I frowned. He obviously knew, what was I even expecting?

Kokichi stared into my eyes for a couple of seconds, and I squirmed around, feeling pinned under his heterochromia eyes. He then pinched my face with his hands.

I gave him an angry look but he kept pinching.

"Y'know, Shumai... you were pretty worried, huh?" He questioned, but I didn't respond. I just stared at the floor.

He was right. I was about to have a heart attack. I didn't want him gone... at all.

Kokichi stayed quiet, still peering into my eyes. I kept my gaze pinned towards the ground. He smiled in response.

"...mmmmm... Marry me!

"W-What?!" I replied, my heart racing again for some reason. I could feel my face getting warm with blush. That was the last thing I'd expect Kokichi to say...

I looked back to him with a surprised expression, and he stopped pinching my face, carressing my cheek.

"Whaaa? Did I stutter, Saihara-chan? Marry meee! " He replied, with a frown.

I shook my head with a dry chuckle, and I lowered his hand down from my face and pat his head gently.

"Maybe when we're older, Kokichi. But hey, let's have another round, okay...? " I stopped patting his head and this time, I was going to hide. 

"Count to.... ten!" I said to him, while running someone to go hide.

Kokichi laughed and covered his eyes, spinning around.

"One... twoooo.... threee...."