☆ Chapter Nine ☆

Shuichi was worried, he admitted. Mostly due to Kokichi's strange behavior, he exhibited over the past few minutes. Endless thoughts were glazing through his mind, wondering what was going on was just etched into his mind. His whole body aches and his wrists were completely bruised. 

And, his back hurt the most. He happened to be ducking under one of the tables in the dining hall. Hiding from the person who he babysat all those years ago. The person who had saved him an hour ago. The person who had kissed him. The person who asked him to marry so long ago. Now? Shuichi couldn't even recognize who Kokichi was. He was acting completely different! What even happened?!

The sound of Kokichi doing whatever he was up to, brought Shuichi back to the present.

Shuichi watched intently as he saw droplets fall to the floor from the purple-haired figure. He crawled curiously towards the figure slowly, cursing under his breath as the chains jungled a dreadful tune between his crawling sessions. It was horrible to try and be quiet while crawling towards him from underneath the table he went onward.

He finally made it up to the figure, who hasn't moved an inch. Shuichi stood up, grabbing Kokichi's shoulder, and slowly turned him around to face him.

Shuichi's heart dropped when he felt a coldness in his grip, and his hand dropped, the 'doll' of Kokichi falling to the floor with a cold thump that echoed throughout the dining hall.

'A fake doll of Kokichi. ...Clever boy...' --Was the only thing Saihara could think of before feeling a blunt blow to his back.