☆ Chapter Ten ☆

( Hello, reader! Sorry for the late updates. I happened to completely forget about this story, but now I'm back!)

Shuichi stumbled forward and quickly spun around, facing an unfamiliar figure wearing a royal guard uniform, his face covered in a face mask coated in black. Questions soared through his mind.

Where did Kokichi go? Was this the person who hit me? What's going on?

He gave the mysterious guard a questioned glance, already feeling himself getting uncomfortable from the tension. Until he heard Kokichi's voice coming from the other hallway, reapproaching the dining hall.

"Dang... where is my sweet Saihara-Chan?" His voice echoed out, almost a bit muffled, but not quite. The walls of this palace were pretty thin, so it wasn't impossible for Shuichi to make out what Kokichi was saying to himself as he searched endlessly. Or, so he assumed.

The stuffing of the guard's feet got Shuichi's attention and he broke away from his thoughts as his hands got grabbed.

"Wh-- hey! Who are you? What are you doing---?!"

The guard kept running, holding on tight to Shuichi's hand and opened the dining hall door on the other end, just as Kokichi entered the dining hall.

"There you are, Sai--- Excuse meeeeeeeeee... I don't remember hiring any guards for duty on this night, Mr. Guard." Oma practically yelled to the guard, but it was in vain. The guard dashed out of the dining hall, followed by the petrified blue-haired boy.

Shuichi huffed and just stayed quiet as possible as the guard dragged him behind themself. The sound of Kokichi's distant whines followed swiftly behind them both.

"Come oooon! I don't have time for this. I'm a busy prince y' know! You can't just leave me waiting. I need my Saihara-Channnnn..." He continued whining as he ran behind them.

The guard suddenly turned a corner, and then quietly opened a door, shoving Saihara inside, and then followed him, closing the door quickly, before crouching down by him, covering Shuichi's mouth so he wouldn't make the slightest noise.

Saihara gulped, his heart leaping out of his chest.

They sat there in silence and heard footsteps again.

Clink... Clink... Clink...

"I used to really like playing Hide and Seek, Mr. Guard."

Clink... ...  Clink...