Author's Notes, August 23rd, 2020

Hello Year Movement! 

I wanted to update you guys on the past couple of months.

As you know, I took the past couple of months away from this trilogy, but not writing in general. During these past few crazy and hectic months I have half completed two unrelated novels that I hope to finish by the end of the year. I also really delved into editing Year 6, but set that aside as well.

So where am I at now?

I'm pleased to say that I am planning on updating this book in the near future. I can't give an exact date or even an exact time frame as I'm just getting back into writing Year 18. The other day, inspiration finally struck and I followed it. I finally came up with a plan for moving forward plot wise. However, ending this book has really intimidated me for a number of reason.

1.) This is the end to a trilogy. That holds so much weight. This wraps everything up for the characters and for you guys as readers. I do have a certain sense of relief when I remember this is a first draft, but then it sort of goes away when I also remember that this is the way the story will end in your minds, even if something changes in later drafts (that I won't be posting here on Wattpad). So, be aware that what you read is a first draft and very well could change. I am extremely interested in traditionally publishing these after I work out multiple drafts. The second draft of Year 6 is already so different than the first. I really hope that someday when you all read the revised story that you will love it in the same way you've loved these first drafts. So, in other words, not everything is going to be set in stone. Things may change, but I hope that you all appreciate the story nonetheless in its later form.

2.) I never had a really solid plan for how I wanted this book specifically to end. I knew where I wanted to go but I hadn't ever really planned the path getting there. Sometimes this made for cool moments and other times it has really hindered my writing.

3.) I really just want to create a well-rounded ending that will leave you guys as readers satisfied. Of course it won't all be happy, but I want the create an ending that makes it so you feel as readers that you have spent this time on this journey with me for a reason.

So, hopefully the next time I update this story, it will be a new chapter! See you then :)

-Sarah