06 | STALKER

EIGHT YEARS AGO

EIGHT YEARS AGO

Four days after our first date, I still can't get over the fact that Lily not only actually agreed to go out with me, but is also spending time with me, and true to her word, saves the seat next to hers in Statistics 101 for me.

I watch her as she walks down the hallway towards me, her blonde hair as wavy as always, blue eyes shining and that smile of her lighting up her entire face and the world over.

God, I'm pathetic.

She smiles with people she knows, or maybe even with people she doesn't know because Lily might be shy sometimes, but she's friendly and confident and all good things.

The hallway is long. Too long because I want Lily to be standing next to me, but not long enough because I want to see her walk towards me just like this because with the sunlight streaming in and lighting her up, like she's definitely an angel.

Lily stands right in front of me and smiles up at me.

"Hi, Marco," she says, smiling wider at me than she did at the rest of the hallway.

It makes me feel like the King of the world.

I reach for her hand and intertwine our fingers.

"How was public law?" I ask her and Lily nudges her shoulder against mine.

"You're such a creepy stalker," she tells me, "You looked at my schedule just once and you remember that?"

"I remember everything about you, angel."

Lily makes a scowl, but she blushes, giving away what she feels.

"Are you ready for doodling class?" I ask her, as we start walking towards the statistics class.

Lily blesses me with her laugh.

She leans forward, her hair falling over her face, her hand over her mouth as she laughs, her eyes all scrunched up.

"I let you sit next to me with the deal that you will let me learn," Lily warns me.

Lily is so cute.

Especially if she thinks I'm going to stop doodling with her.

"I never promised such a thing," I shake my head, "I will always doodle with you."

Lily pulls me into the Statistics class and we sit in our unassigned assigned seats and she pulls out her notebook.

I set my books on the table for Lily to be able to see the one at the top.

She does.

Lily stares at the planner notebook I got for a few stunned seconds.

She told me that I was cute about how disorganized I was when I had come running to her after basketball practice because I forgot I had practice when I planned to hang out with her.