↝five

"Ben, we're so cool." Lavender laughed loudly as her and Ben left the area they'd just snuck up on the police together, terrifying him into letting Ray go.

"No, you're cool." Ben argued with her with a cheeky grin.

"No, you're cool!" Lavender said back as the duo laughed, Lavender not bothering to take into mind that people where looking at her oddly.

"Let's do that more often." she said while rounding the corner seeing Klaus hugging Ray.

"Klaus, baby, lover, sweet boy, precious honey, baby, love of my life, do you think this is really a good idea?" Lavender asked as she looked over at Klaus as they parked outside of the hard ware store.

"The hell are we doing here? Some
ol DIY?" Ben asked from the back seat.

"You just stay here, pumpkins." Klaus said as he got out of the car making Lavender throw the door open, hitting him with it as he fell with a shriek.

"Are you crazy? I'm not gonna let you go be sad alone. Besides, this homeboy of yours was a huge part of your life and you're a huge part of my life so naturally... we collide, right?" Lavender asked as she helped Klaus stand as he patted her head with a small grin.

"Okay, yes." he nodded as Lavender held the door open for him to walk in first.

"Don't do anything dumb!" Ben called out as Lavender gave him a look.

"You're dead, pumpkin." Lavender said to him with a look, it being her only comeback ever when it came to Ben.

"You smell that, Klaus? The smell of paint." Lavender said as she took a deep inhale on the store, holding Klaus hand as he did the same.

"Uh, yeah, can I help you?" a younger voice asked as Klaus and Lavender turned, seeing a boy standing there. He was younger, a few years younger then Klaus and Lavender. He was clean, sharp and feminine looking.

"Beautiful." Lavender said with a small gasp as she looked at the man.

"Dave?" Klaus asked, almost in shock as his breath caught in his throat. Lavender let his hand go, trailing behind as she knew he needed this. Lavender would always seeing Dave as Klaus's person like Five was Lavenders person. Five was Lavenders bestasted friend in the whole world, they'd spend decades together. He knew everything about her much like she knew everything about him... from the stories Klaus has told, Dave was his Five.

"I'll wait in the car." Lavender said, regretting coming in now because she felt like she was intruding on something that was just meant for the two of them. Klaus gave her a loving smile, rubbing her hand, the same one with her wedding finger before she left the building.

"Are we leaving him here to run away back to San Francisco?" Ben asked as Lavender climbed into the car, turning to him.

"Ben, do you have a best friend?" Lavender asked as she looked back at him as he raised a eyebrow.

"You and Klaus are my only friends." he said as Lavender laughed.

"But before you died, did you have any friends then?" she asked curiously as he shook his head.

"Not many of us every did. Dad always kept us inside and sheltered from the rest of the world, when we'd meet people we usually never saw them again." Ben said with a shrug as Lavender frowned with a nod of her head.

"Do you have friends?" he asked as she grinned.

"You're my friend." she spoke as his eyes light up.

"You're my friend too." he spoke back with a smile as the two look at the hardware shop again.