𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

In the morning, when 049.. he looked up toward the window in a silence. He stared for a long while at the window that allowed sunlight to peek through into the room. He stood, still holding onto 035. " Let's find you a new host.. " The doctor uttered.

"Oh, good morning," 035 said. "Sleep well, doc?"

" You could say that. We should not get sidetracked. " He said, heading toward the door. 049 opened it, letting out a small groan. He wasn't ever a morning bird..

"For what it's worth, I found it very relaxing," he said. "You don't seem to be feeling the same way."

" I could be doing many useful things at the moment.. things are are more important than sleep. " He confessed, making his way back to the town to find a host for 035.

If he could have, 035 would have rolled his eyes. "Mhm. Just make sure my host doesn't have acne."

" What's so wrong with acne? " He asked with a small utter. " I don't think you trust me to pick your host. You're better about it. "

"What's so wrong with acne is that I'm constantly on their oily, puss-leaking face," 035 snapped. "If you could be just a little more detail-oriented... fine, I'll pick one myself."

" Fine fine.. but, keep in mind you are the one that drowns them in your black goopy substance. " He said with a small sigh. 049 then rolled his eyes. " You're better at it. "

035 does not appreciate the sass from this birb, but he stays quiet. "Well, get me somewhere I can find someone, then."

" Oh, my apologizes.. I'm wearing heels. Don't want to trip again and risk breaking a piece of my mask off. " He said with a sassy attitude. " ..Again. " 049 added on.

"You've definitely gotten more of an attitude, mio amico," he grumbled.

" I guess you just rubbed off on me. It's not that appreciated. " He replied with a small light chuckle.

"You're the one who kept me around," 035 replied. He was just being sulky and grumpy now.

" And you should be thankful I chose that opinion and deal with you. Or else, you'd be laying on the grassy plains in the middle of a forest.. soon to be picked up by the foundation and right back in a glass box. Admit it.. you can't do much without me. "

"Now now! I'm sure I could have figured something out, doc. I'm certainly not useless."

" Never said you were useless. I'm sure you could have.. you're rather intelligent. But, you have to always plan for other routes, mon ami. "

"Hmm... perhaps you're right..." 035 considered what he had said. He really hadn't been planning on staying with 049. Though maybe it would be something to consider. After all, it would be much easier.

Once arriving into town, he'd let out a small grumble as he looked to the ground as he walked. " Go ahead.. let's get this over with. "

"Of course." 035 looked around. He spotted a good host. "There, the blond one."

" If you like his hair.. that's not going to last. " He uttered. 049 had used the same technique to grab the host that 035 desired, it was honestly a risk to not even get the one the other wanted.. but in the end, his lure was successful.

Taking over the host's consciousness, 035 adjusted to the body. "Thank you, doctor," he muttered. "Now, where to, mon ami?"

049 watched the other for a moment before straighten himself up. " You said one night.. if you don't mind, I have work to get back too. "

035's expression briefly changed to a mask of tragedy. However, it quickly switched back to normal. "... right.." he said quietly. "Alors je suppose ... c'est au revoir."

049 caught that quick change, letting out a small sigh. " Vous semblez bien me connaître .. vous savez où me trouver... mon amour. " He uttered the last part of his sentence, his head dropping.

Hearing the last words 049 had said, 035 slowly brought his host's hands to the cheeks of the doctor's mask. "I will..." he said quietly, nearly a whisper.

His eyes shot wide open as he felt the hand touch his cheek... only for him to hesitantly place his own hand over before shutting his eyes and sighing. " This.. feels nice. " 049 muttered, an invisible smile forming.

035 chuckled softly. "Perhaps... if you would let me stay longer.. je pourrais le faire plus souvent..."

049's smile quickly disappeared, opening his eyes a bit and looking to the side. " I never said what you should do.. you know that. "

"Alas, I do," he said. "But as you said... what I want to do and what I need to do may be very different things.. though I'm not entirely sure of either, at the moment..."

" You know what you want.. I can see it in your hollow eyes. " He replied, his gaze returning to 035. " I.. am the only one who can cure this world from the Pestilence.. that is what I need to do. "

"Then I will be with you, mio caro," he finally said.

049 gave a small nod. " As much as I enjoy this small moment.. your host is a sick man. And you're getting germs.. all over my face. "

"Ugh, way to ruin it," he scoffed. "You could have told me, you know."

049 would let out a small chuckle. " Didn't want to ruin the moment. We.. should get going. Perhaps find a map. "

"I'm sure there's a tourist store or something here," 035 said, taking his hands off of his face and turning to look around.

Once the hand was taken off, he quickly took out a cleaning cloth that he kept on his person, rubbing his cheek in almost a desperate manor. " Sounds promising.. "

"Come with me and do try to be inconspicuous." He started walking, looking for some kind of hotel or something that would have a map.

049 watched for a moment, gaining an anxious feeling as his head dropped down to the ground before quickly following 035. Of course.. something caught his eye. A small family of three, happy as can be. Just seeing them made his heart drown in sorrow and regret as something inside of him snap.. causing him to get sidetracked and begun heading over to that small family in the mini crowd.

========

dude, it gets gay and angsty it's something to make you laugh at-

another 049 headcanon!: 049 is a huge clean freak and germaphobe.