𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

049 was absolutely speechless, not knowing how to react. He was surprised of course.. but his mind went blank as he just stared, wide-eyed, at the ring for a long while before glancing towards 035. Was.. he supposed to cry during a situation like this? Was he supposed to be happy? Well, of course he was happy, but that happiness was taken by shock.

A sudden flash of panic went through him. Normally, he could identify a rhetorical question, but right now he was just not exactly reasonable. "W-well, maybe... maybe it's too soon?? Is five hundred years not enough time to decide? Or maybe.. you've forgotten something? I'm not sure..." He was nearly rambling. He had never acted like this before.

" Hey.. hey.. " He uttered, gently grabbing the side's of 035 and looking at the other. " I love you.. and I will marry you. I don't need to be presented a ring to be asked something like that... I would love to spend all eternity with you, mon amour. " He said, keeping a rather calmly and firm voice.

At first, he seemed sort of confused. Then suddenly he took the covering off 049's lower face, tilted himself to the side, and kissed him. He was so incredibly relieved and happy... he held him close as he kissed him.

049 closed his eyes, melting into the kiss for a moment. One thing was for sure, he couldn't help but be happy. Marriage.. who knew that'd actually happen to him? Sure, he was still in complete and utter shock, but he felt at peace while being overjoyed.

035 eventually pulled away, shifting himself back in place over his host's face. Though he was always grinning, it seemed even more real than ever before. "Je t'aime tellement! Thank you..."

049 wiped his lips, giving a small nod. " You have nothing to thank me for, mon amour... " He said with a small chuckle.

"You know, you really had me going there," he laughed, relieved. He was still very excited. "Almost had me panicking."

He'd roll his eyes, sighing. " Right right.. of course I was. " 049 uttered beneath his breath as he pulled the cloth-like cover back over his lower face.

"Come on, you could try to lighten up now!" he said. "You just got engaged, after all!"

" Of course.. I am overjoyed! Just a bit surprised is all.. where did you even get that ring? " He said with a small chuckle.

035 really hadn't thought of a story for that, and honestly wasn't in the state to make a convincing one up. "Er, never mind that," he said. "What did you even think I was planning?"

049 hummed in thought while his smile dropped. " Anything chaotic. " He confessed. " Of course.. I wasn't exactly looking forward to that.. "

"Please, you should have more faith in me by now!" he said. "They've all worked. Eventually."

" Uh... no. You're rather reckless. " He said bluntly. " Sorry to be blunt, but that is the truth. "

"Oh, please stop being so much of a downer," he replied. "We're in France! We're engaged! We should celebrate."

035 was right.. they should. But, the other wasn't the only one who had plans. All though.. 049 supposed he could take a small break for a small while to celebrate. " I suppose so.. but, how? Do you have any ideas? "