𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

"Yes. The light dancing through the leaves, playing with the shadows on the floor," he narrated, taking on a dramatic tone similar to the one he used to read earlier.

049 just kept moving on foot, keeping a lookout for anything whether it be Foundation personnel, a clearing, a way out.. anything really. " Beautiful isn't it? "

"Very," he replied. "The green would look very nice with your hair, you know," he added.

" Really..? How come? " He asked, thinking about it for a moment.

"Red and green, they're complimentary!" he said. "They go well together."

If his hands weren't full at the moment, he'd actually pull his hood down. But, of course.. he just rolled his eyes and smiled. " I see. you aren't wrong with that huh? Beautiful colors.. "

035 looked at 049 as best as he could. "Beautiful indeed.."

He'd let out a bit of laughter, sighing. " Ah mon amour.. you can stop now. " He uttered. Just then, a small twig snapped. 049 quickly perked up, looking over. False alarm it was just a deer. Or that's what he thought as there were foundation security personnel with their guns aimed at the two from a small distance away in the forest. The doctor grew silent, tightening his grasp on both 035 and his cane. And after quickly picking up his cane, 049 made a run for it which caused personnel to fire the them. Thank god there were trees blocking most of the bullets which were fired.

035 quickly realized what was happening. "Merde!!" He couldn't do anything for now, only hope that 049 was fast enough. And god, was he hoping. If anything happened to 049, 035 would kill all of them.

049 was rather quick, even if he was wearing heels. " If I place you next to one of them.. you think you can grab a quick host and help out?! " He asked in a panicked manor as his eyes darted around the area to locate all of the personnel while continuing to run.

"Do NOT get close to them!!" he demanded. "Just keep going!"

He wasn't sure if 035 thought he could out run them. There wasn't an end to the forest for the next two miles, and the only cover they were trees.. and obviously that wasn't enough. " What other opinions do we HAVE than to fight back, exactly?! "

035 thought of the odds. He knew that 049 couldn't outrun them. He wouldn't deny that. But he also didn't want him getting close enough to be killed. Though maybe... "Fine, just drop me! They'll find me when they try to follow you."

Hearing 035, he immediately got worried. It's not that he didn't trust the other.. it was because he didn't know exactly what the other was going to do. " What do you mean drop you..??! Care to fill me in on your master plan?! "

"What the hell do you think I'm going to do?!" he yelled. "DO IT!!"

" Are you going to do something stupid!!? " He shouted back, only tightening his grip on 035.

"I am going to make sure they won't catch us. DROP ME."

Hearing the words 035 had chosen, he felt somewhat reassured that the other knew what he was doing. With hesitation, he'd drop the mask to the grassy ground and continued to run a little ways away while personnel were still in pursuit. But, that pursuit soon ended as one of the security personnel found 035 on the ground.

The moment they saw 035 they were doomed. Obviously, they tried to resist it, but they were inevitably compelled to pick the mask up and put it on. The second he had control of the body, tentacles erupted from the host's body, slashing at any personnel 035 could see. Some he just threw to the ground, others he ripped limb from limb. Whatever happened to any of them, they would slowly die from the decay caused by his acid. Quickly, 035 moved through the woods to find the other groups of personnel.

049 had stopped running ever since he heard the gunfire stop. He ended up walking back toward where he had dropped 035.. seeing the massive body count of the deceased. Of course, he didn't stick around to just gaze at the mess, he begun trying to find his way back toward the other. Meanwhile, small groups of security personnel who was nearby and had spotted 035 begun firing once at the mask's host almost immediately.

This only served to alert 035 of their positions. He ran to them, not afraid of the shots firing into his host. He quickly knocked them all back with his tentacles, then crushing them as they lay on the ground.

Once hearing the sound of bones crushing, 049 knew exactly where the other was. That.. and the obvious blood trail leading him there. He'd clear his throat, standing there behind 035 while having both hands place on his can. " We need to get out of here before more personnel come.. "

With a final crash of his tentacle, 035 was done. He turned back to 049. His host's chest was absolutely leaking blood. Honestly, he was a pretty horrific sight. "Right... then we should hurry."

It wasn't anything he had never seen before.. at the Foundation, it was normal to see brutally murdered bodies and gallons full of blood fill the halls during a breach. 049 sighed, hurrying over and quickly detaching 035 from his host as he begun cleaning any sort of blood that was on the mask that might've gotten on him thanks to that battle. " Well? Are you okay? " He asked while walking.

"I'm not the one who was being shot at. Well, before," he said. "Are you okay?"

" Yes.. yes I'm alright. Can you answer the question? " He'd let a small grumble.

"Of course I'm fine," 035 snapped. "No chips or cracks, I think."

049 sighed, relieved " I'm glad to hear.. we shouldn't be too far from a stop. As soon as we get to a place, we're going to get you cleaned up. You're bound to have germs all over you.. "

"Just a few smears of blood, doc," he answered.

" And I cannot get it off without making it worst.. like I said.. you are bound to have germs of the Pestilence all over you.. "

035 scoffed. "Fine, if you're so sure."

049 became silent for the rest of the way there, progressing the attack. He then spoke, " You really are protective.. aren't you? "

035 thought over his response for a while. "I have no idea what you mean."

He decided not to push it, sighing a bit while he continued to walk. It took while before he was even near a stop, coming to the end of the woods. 049 stayed in complete and utter silence.. I mean, what else was there to talk about?

=======

bro it's like- so angsty-
i'm glad skek actually thought of this bc it would've been a missed opportunity