𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

When morning rose, 049 was rather quick to awake and get up. He didn't want to spend too much time staying here. When standing, he almost managed to step on Black Bean's tail.. which he found a bit annoying. " Good morning, mon amour.. " He uttered before picking up 035. He'd then kneel down a bit to scratch the reanimated cat behind the ear before standing back up straight and making his way out of the building with Black Bean following of course. He spent no time making his way up north past the small town that was somewhat close by.

035 noticed how rushed he was, only confirming his suspicions about nightmares and such. "How did you sleep, doc?"

There was a long silent pause before he answered. " Wasn't the best.. nor was it the worst. I suppose it was alright. "

He considered this for a moment. "What exactly were you dreaming about?" he asked. "I know you were, don't try to deny it.."

049 had became silent for a long period of time, thinking of a way to work his way around this. " Does it matter to be honest..? "

"To me, it does," 035 stated.

He'd let out an irritated sigh. " Look.. they are not important. I promise you that. "

"C'est toi qui mentes."

" Je ne mens pas.. let it go.. " He grumbled, though afterwards he just completely went silent.

Though slightly frustrated, 035 was quiet for a moment. "You're supposed to tell your fiancé everything, you know." He was being slightly hypocritical here, and he knew that.

" A little hypocritical, don't you think? " He replied before becoming silent once more. There were many reasons why he was being quiet.. but, for now, it was just because he didn't feel like it.

After being called out, 035 was silent as well. He still wasn't exactly prepared to tell 049... well, everything about his past.

049 knew he didn't have much to tell 035.. and most of that were just parts on his past that he couldn't remember. And those other parts are were just things he wanted to keep to himself.. even if it weighed himself down.

If... I told you something, would you tell me what's bothering you?" 035 asked after a pause.

He'd lightly shake his head. " No.. you don't have to tell me anything. We'll both learn in do time. Though curiosity claws at the door for me.. I'm not going to push something that you don't exactly want to talk about. "

035's expression changed to a frown. "Fine then," he said, somewhat frustrated but mostly resigned.

The doctor would let out a small sigh before holding the other close. " Je t'aime ... et je suis désolé.. " He uttered.

"It's alright, mon amour..."

049 continued to walk toward the north as the small town slowly became distant. " By the end of this week.. we should be at Paris. "

"Pff... unless you go on some curing spree again," 035 joked.

" Perhaps.. but, that small town.. it was rather cleansed of any Pestilence. So, I doubt the rest of France hasn't been cured of it as well.. "

"Maybe..." 035 was pretty happy about the fact that 049 was seeing less of the Pestilence lately. Maybe he really was helping him?

049 was silent for a small while, humming in thought for that while. " I guess we'll just have to wait and see.. " He uttered.

035 was content with that. He really was glad that this delusion 049 had gotten himself into was starting to come undone.

Overall, 049 was a bit confused with the sudden disappearance of the Pestilence.. but, at the same time, he was happy about it. Not only did he have to work his tail off, but, people could be happy and healthy without the need to be cured.

"Maybe it'll be gone from everywhere soon," 035 suggested. It was pretty clear what he was trying to say with that.

049 tilted his head a bit in a confused manor. " Hm? Uhm.. perhaps. It'd be nice to finally see a cleansed world.. "

"Someday, mon amour..."

" Let's hope. " He uttered, returning completely silent as he continued to head up north.

=======

oml sorrryyyy it's sUCh a short chapter-
i need sleep :3c