𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Weeks later, they finally arrived in southern France. Paris would be another week away, if they did end up going there. 035, currently hostless and being held by 049, took in the countryside. "At last, mon amour.. France!"

A smile tugged on 049's lips as he looked upon his home. How absolutely wonderful was it to be home again. But that smile disappeared quickly when knowing they couldn't even stay for more than two days. " Beautiful, isn't it? " He asked before making his way toward the town. " Everything is still here, mon amour.. at least I hope so. "

"Most likely," 035 said. "Not much changes in the countryside."

" Ohohoh.. that's where you're wrong. Everything changes eventually.. you just have to look for them. " He said, regaining a smile.

035 hummed. "Perhaps if they're gone, they never really mattered much. Change is inevitable, maybe, though I doubt anything that just disappears could really do much in the time it's there. You, for example.. you've changed, though you're still here. And you certainly matter."

049 scoffed a bit, looking around the town as he kept heading down the path. " Please.. I haven't changed one bit. I'm a bad example for something like that. " He said, clearly overjoyed to be back in France.

"Mhm, sure..." 035 answered, sighing. He was frankly a little disappointed that 049 didn't get all flustered at the last thing he had said.

049 for once didn't want to give 035 a host.. all of the people here were almost like family friends. Expect.. if you never knew those family friends. It was strange though.. last time he was here... everyone was sick and awful.. everyone had the Pestilence and you couldn't turn a corner where it wasn't there. That... that was a bit of a scary thought. " I recommend continuing down to Paris. " He said, despite not being able to catch a break ever since last week.

035 was surprised by this. "Are you sure?" he asked. "We could find somewhere for a few days. I'm sure Bean would like a break..."

" May I remind you what happened when we took a break for less than three days? " He asked with a soft growl before sighing. 035 was right about Bean, even if 049 wouldn't admit it. " Fine.. we'll try and find someplace. "

"Thank you, mio caro." Honestly, 035 was also glad to have a break. He was planning something, as usual. However, he had to get a few things for the plan. Specifically, a host.

049 was craving wine at the moment.. knowing exactly where to get some. Though.. he didn't exactly have any money at the moment, which made things a bit difficult. Despite needing to find somewhere abandoned to stay.. he continued to head deeper into the town, truly just feeling at home.

035 was patient, waiting for 049 to drop him off somewhere so he could attract a host. However, he began to get impatient. "Are you going to get me a host?" he asked, a little annoyed.

" Maybe, maybe not. Why do you ask? I thought you enjoyed being in my embrace. " He said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Well- yes, but I have a plan I would like to get started on," he said, trying to ignore the fact that 049 had managed to fluster him slightly.

049 would let out a slightly dried chuckle. " Oh? Do you mind telling me about this plan of yours? "

"Actually, I do. It's for you, after all."