t w e n t y t h r e e

mattia and i had just finished unpacking and finally got to sit down and take everything in.

the house was quite big, it wasn't a mansion, but it was surprisingly comfortable.

there were two bedrooms, each with their own separate bathrooms, but honestly mattia and i only planned to use one.

'i know we're in trouble and this is meant to be a punishment and shit, but i ain't even mad.' said mattia after checking that all the officers had completely cleared out.

'i fucking know right,' i laughed, 'this feels like a whole vacation.'

'for real, i feel like imma miss my friends though.' he sighed.

i moved in closer to him on the couch and wrapped my arms around him, absorbing the sad energy he was giving out.

'i know.. me too. but at least we got each other, i got scared that they were gonna separate us.' i replied.

'same, but i don't think they're allowed to leave minors completely alone. either way, i'm so glad i got you.' he said, grabbing my face and squeezing me.

'get off me.' i laughed, peeling his fingers away from my face and placing his arm around my shoulders instead.

'yo let's check if they made us a netflix account.' i said.

'imagine if they did.' said mattia, picking the tv remote up off the coffee table in front of us.

netflix started up, and the screen lit up displaying two netflix profiles labelled 'mattia' and 'y/n'.

'dude this just keeps getting better and better.' i laughed.

'no way,' he chuckled, 'i'm gonna check if we got any snacks, find us something to watch.' said mattia.

'cool' i said, pulling myself off him.

a few minutes later mattia came back in with a bowl of popcorn and i had a movie prepared.

'a horror?' mattia asked, surprised.

'yeah,' i said confidently, 'don't tell me you're scared.'

'fuck nah.' he said, pulling me into his chest and beginning to play with my hair.

'mhm, we'll see about that.' i said, pressing the play button.

by the end of the film, there was popcorn scattered all over the floor which was a result of me jumping at every single jump scare.

mattia tried his best to suppress his laughter and cradle me in his lap as i sat there trembling.

'is it over?' i whispered, throwing mattia into a complete fit of laughter.

'y/n it ended like five minutes ago bruh.' he cackled. 'and you tried calling me a pussy.'

'fuck you.' i laughed whilst i got up and stretched.

i felt my stomach drop, feeling mattia grab me by my waist and pull me back in.

'you're cute, you know that?' he said.

'shut up bitch.' i said, trying not to blush.

i could feel his hand creeping up my thigh and i couldn't resist the urge to kiss him any longer.

we kissed for what felt like hours but seconds at the same time.

when we finally let go, the feeling of genuine happiness i felt made me smile uncontrollably, until i let out a small yawn.

'someones tired, huh?' mattia said.

i nodded, realising i hadn't slept in a comfortable bed in what had felt like forever.

'yeah me too, let's head upstairs.' he said, his voice alone giving me overwhelming butterflies.

as i was about to stand up, i felt mattia lift me up.

if it was anyone else my insecurities would have yelled for me to be put down immediately, but it actually felt nice with him.

i relaxed, wrapping my arms around his soft neck and crossing my legs across his lower back, drifting into sleep as he carried me up.