t w e n t y e i g h t

'are you sure you want to tell amber?' said mattia, for the millionth time in the past three days.

'well, she's going to ask anyway.' i replied.

he still looked uncertain.

'mattia,' i said, stroking his soft face and playing with his hair, 'stop stressing baby, everything's gonna work out fine, trust me.'

'i love when you call me baby.' he smirked.

'go to sleep mattia.' i rolled my eyes jokingly.

'one kiss?' he asked.

i gave him a small peck on the mouth in response and rolled over in the bed, facing away from him.

'goodnight, baby.' i teased.

'goodnight, princess.' he whispered to me, knowing i loved when he would call me that.

he latched himself onto my body from behind me, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close, cuddling me as we fell asleep.

in the morning, we got ready for the day and decided to spend it chilling in the backyard.

it was pretty small.. very small, but it served its purpose well enough and so we'd go out and get fresh air from time to time.

we pulled up two deckchairs and sat beside each other, talking as we absorbed the heat of the sun.

we had talked about a lot. school, friends, life in general, but then the conversation started turning towards the baby again.

'i cant comprehend how there is a literal person growing inside me.' i said.

'it's crazy, but also kinda cool if you really think about it.' he replied.

'yeah...' i agreed, 'mattia, what would you say if i said i wanted to keep the baby.'

he choked for a second, obviously surprised by the question, so i took the hint.

'oh i was just kidding, i know we cant.' i said turning away from him, slightly disappointed.

'but what if we could..' i heard him say quietly, placing a hand on my thigh.

i looked him in the eyes, checking for any signs that he was joking and not finding any.

'are you being serious?' i asked firmly.

'y/n, i'm with you through everything, i don't want anything but for you to be happy. if you want this, i want this.' he replied calmly.

my thigh tingled where his hand was placed as he made small circles with his thumb.

my cheeks flushed and i smiled uncontrollably, i genuinely believed every word he said and my love for him somehow multiplied, which i didn't think was even possible considering how in love i was.

i got out of my chair and sat in his lap, putting his face in between my hands and pulling him so close that our foreheads were touching.

'you make me so happy mattia. i fucking love you.'

i pushed my lips against his before he could get a chance to reply, and kissed him for as long as we could both hold our breath.

when we parted he stared at me, a big, pure smile plastered across his face.

'i love you too, i don't know what i ever did to deserve someone as perfect as you. i think we're soulmates.' he said, stroking the side of my face as he admired me.

he made me feel so pretty.

'we're definitely soulmates.' i laughed, 'but maybe we should save all soulmate related activities for another day.' i whispered, feeling something rising beneath me and gesturing towards the area to tease him.

his face went slightly red as he laughed.

'i'm gonna hold you to that.' he said as i got up and sat back in my seat beside him.

'i know you will.' i rolled my eyes, interlocking my fingers with mattia's in the small gap between our chairs.

i exhaled lightly, putting my focus back on relaxing in the sun and feeling completely content.

'so.. baby names?' said mattia.

'yeah, no we're going back inside now.' i replied, immediately getting up and picking up my stuff.

mattia laughed, following behind me.

'i really am in love with her.' i heard him whisper to himself quietly.

'what did you say?' i asked when we got back inside.

'oh, nothing.' he tried to play cool.

'yeah, right.' i smirked.