1| Presec-Legon

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Nana Yaa Afrakoma Frimpomaa." She said to the tall, lanky girl standing before her. The girl was beautiful, with an eye-catching afro haircut. Her name was Dede Acquah, and she wanted to be friends with Nana Yaa.

"That's a nice name." Dede smiled softly, complimenting her.

"Thank you. Yours too is nice." She returned shyly.

They have all ended in Presbyterian Boys' Secondary, popularly known in Ghana as Presec-Legon, for a special training. This training was specifically made for over-brilliant students, and they would be trained on the courses: science, general arts, technical and all other fields.

Being the second best science student in her school, Nana Yaa came with the overall best, Jessica Aidoo. They were representing their school, Ahantaman Girls Senior High. They were five in all; Judith, Jessie, Tracy, Jessica and her.

Nana Yaa was quite awkward. It bothered her that Dede Acquah wanted to be friends with her. In her whole life, friends were never a part of her. Her mother was her best friend, Jesus was her closest friend.

To her, that was quite enough.

Well yes, she had mates_ church mates, school mates, and the likes. But she never allowed friends.

Friends are disaster.

She could hear her dad's voice in her head. She guessed he was right. Over the years, she'd watched as certain friendships fall apart, watched as friends influence friends negatively.

It sickened her.

She was startled at the matter at hand. All her mates knew her to be the "no friends" type. But Dede was different, a stranger. Another student from another school, who was only trying to make new friends. With her, particularly. It seemed difficult for her to make it known to Dede that she never took friends.

Besides, Dede looked like she was a nice girl.
Drawing a steady breath, she said softly, " Dede, I'm so so glad and flattered that you like me and want to be friends with me. But I don't make friends. I have no friends, to be frank."

Dede was completely taken aback. This beautiful, beautiful girl has no friends?

"B-but why?" Dede stammered.

"I just don't like friends. They take up your time and hurt you in the end anyway."

"Oh my God." Dede recited, quite earnest.

"But we can- you know, hi-hi ourselves." Nana Yaa put in hopefully.

"Alright."

"Dede...I hope you ain't hurt."

"No..." Just surprised. And well, a little hurt, to be frank. "It's alright."

***Slow, but we've started.
Heyy guys, I hope you're loving Nana Yaa Afrakoma Frimpomaa. Or you think she's strange?😂🤔 Well, stay, and you'll get to know her better. Vote for mee... I love you all💓💓✌️✌️