6| broken hearted.

Jessica drew out her chemistry notes, aiming for an intensive two-hours study. But she'd barely gone through five minutes when Isobelle entered the dorm, bubbling up with excitement. She headed straight to Jessica's bed and shook her shoulder.

"What again?" Jessica groaned, casting a weary look at Isobelle.

"Bored with me already?" Isobelle grinned and made Jessica chuckle.

"Get up girl. We have a surprise." Isobelle smiled a wry smile.

"Surprise?" Jessica asked, sitting up on her bed. "What surprise?"

"Just get up already, will you?" Isobelle groaned. "You'll see for yourself."

As Jessica rose and stuffed her feet in her bathroom slippers, she felt a bit guilty that she wasn't learning.

But when she looked around and saw that all fourteen girl we're busily chit- chatting, relief flooded over her. Chill girl, she told herself.

But as she walked out with Isobelle, she saw she'd been wrong. Nana Yaa was learning. Well, that wasn't anything, was it? She would learn as soon as she got back from wherever she was going with Isobelle. She would also learn. Infact, she would cover more notes than Nana Yaa would.

On the verandah, Isobelle whispered into her ears so that the other girls chattering around wouldn't over-hear them.

"You see the group of boys standing over there?" She indicated the next building. Jessica had to squint her eyes from the street bulb in front of their block to get a better view.

"Yeah, I see them."

Isobelle sighed with relief. "Thank God. Now, we're going to make a catch amongst them."

"A catch?" Jessica asked. "What's that?"

Isobelle rolled her eyes at her. Surely, Jessica wasn't her type of girl at all.

"We're going to get us boyfriends. Do you now understand?"

She did. And excitement shot through her. Isobelle hadn't been playing when she said she'd get her a boyfriend.

"Y-yes."

"All right." Isobelle snapped her fingers. "Do you see the one in blue shorts with the reading glasses on? The tall, dark one?"

"Yeah." Jessica confirmed.

"He's dhope."

"Dhope?" Isobelle smirked. "He is gorgeous! Delicious. Hot. C'mon Jess, he is for you. I'm aiming for the tall, fair one."

"I can have him?" Jessica smiled. "You're so generous."

She cast an annoying look at Jessica, who only giggled. "Let's go. And...don't look too eager."

"Anything you say."

They clattered down the stairs and headed to the next block where the guys were standing.

Schemed, Jessica bumped solidly into the boy wearing glasses.

"Hey_are you blind?" He said tersely.

"I'm so sorry." Jessica murmured, rubbed his shoulders slowly, kneading the muscles. "I...I wasn't thinking straight. Are you feeling better now?"she asked.
He regarded her bluntly.

"I'm fine."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

"My name is Jessica, you can call me Jess. And you?"

The way she was batting her lashes at him made him wonder if she had something in her eyes. She looked at Isobelle from the corner of her eye. Isobelle winked at her, a sign that she was doing just fine.

"My name is Maxwell." He ignored her outstretched hand, ready for a shake. He knew damn well what she was trying to do. "Guys, I better go now." He called out, then turned, walking away.

Jessica watched him leave, her mind reeling with total shock. She turned to Isobelle,who had been watching them discreetly.

Isobelle gave her a reassuring smile and walked to her.
"Broken-hearted huh?"

When Jessica didn't reply, she draped an arm around her. "Cheer up girl, there are more guys around. We admit he was handsome but still..." She nudged Jessica. "Just chill."

She followed Isobelle as she sashayed to where the rest of the guys were standing. For the first time, it struck Jessica how beautiful Isobelle was. She was dark and shapely with slender calves and a beautiful face. As soon as they joined the guys, Jessica didn't realize how, but Isobelle had already started a smooth conversation with her dream boy_the tall, fair one. He seemed equally interested in Isobelle.

As for her, she merely folded her arms in front of her, silent and numb.

"Fine girl, what's up?" A voice boomed in her direction. She turned to see this cool guy swaggering towards her. She cleared her throat before responding.

"Fine. You?"

"I'm great." He said. "Your friend making herself happy with Mike, huh?" He glanced at Isobelle and the tall, fair guy. Jessica laughed a little.

"Maybe," she said.

"Let's enjoy ourselves too. Shouldn't be difficult." He ran his palm up her bare arm. "Nice skin. Fresh girl. What's your name?"

"Jessica."

"Beautiful name too. Like yourself." He continued to caress her arm.

"Thanks."

"I'm Lovelace. But I'm sure you will call me Love. Won't you?"

"Whoaa..." She couldn't help laughing. She liked him. The way he spoke, his easy confidence.

"You will. Call me Love and I'll call you babe. How about that?"

She smiled a little.

"Are you dating?" He asked, pausing the caresses.

"No, of course not." She cursed herself silently for sounding too eager.

"Oh, you dey lie. How come fine girl like you no get boyfriend? Where do you come from?"

She liked the easy way he spoke pidgin. She knew that guys who spoke pidgin are always cool.

"Fijai." She answered his question as to where she comes from.

"And is something wrong with those Fijai guys? How'd they let you get away?"

"You're funny." She liked that. She slapped his shoulder playfully as he circled her waist with one arm and turned her to face him.

"I want you. I want you to be my girlfriend. Please don't say no."

Thank God, and as for Isobelle...bless her soul. She thought.

"Okay, yes," she said.

She shivered with excitement as he pulled her closer against him and boldly squeezed her backside. She giggled a bit.

"You're beautiful," he said. "So sexy."

Her response was to smile shyly and lay her head against his chest, thinking her fun had already begun.

*Hi guys, I hope you all had fun reading this. What do you think about this chapter? I'm aiming at influence.
Vote and let me feel your comments. I love y'all.