22| Rewards

Dedicated to zaolat03

Again, they were all gathered at the assembly hall. But since the programme hasn't begun, people hung around outside and chit-chatted. Mrs. Irene Appiah, the headmistress of Ahantaman Girls' Senior High was present, with about five other teaching staff and three non-teaching staff. It pained them that Jessica couldn't work harder to add up to Nana Yaa's marks to push their school forward into winning, but they were still proud that Nana Yaa could come first in the individuals.

Nana Yaa's parents, Mr. Brian Frimpong and Mrs. Charleen Frimpong were also there to witness their daughter's honour today.

Today was the day when the winning school would be announced and the overall best science student would also be announced and rewarded. The overall best student's school would receive an amount of cash and other goods, so would the winning school.

She couldn't wait.

Max introduced Nana Yaa to his parents and his sister, Cassia. Mr. Jacob Oteng Banks was indeed, the public figure she kept seeing on TV and reading about in newspapers. In her perspective, his family were high class, but very warm.

His mother, a sophiscated woman in her early forties, looked so good in her costly but tasteful attire and make-up to look like a woman in her early thirties instead. She had a regal air about her, and a quiet but richly abiding intelligence.

Cassia was probably one of the most beautiful young women she'd ever met in her life. Her expensive weave-on was honey-blond, perfectly matching her fair skin, which Nana Yaa noticed she inherited from her mother because Mrs. Jewel Banks was also fair. The grace of Cassia's long neck, the gentle slope of her small nose, the fullness of her pouty rosy lips gave her the kind of ethereal beauty that could make her one of the most beautiful and most admired models in Ghana.

Nana Yaa felt so drawn to her and couldn't keep her eyes off of Cassia in her frail blue dress that molded to every delicate curve of thigh, hip, waist and bust.

"Congratulations dear." Cassia said to Nana Yaa warmly. Nana Yaa felt herself blushing.

"Thank you." She replied.

"Aren't you mad at me for not being first?" Knowing his sister, Max stepped beside her and asked. Cassia half-turned to her brother, with the sun behind her turning her honey-blond hair fiery red near her scalp, making a golden haze of outer strands, so it almost seemed she was sporting a golden halo.

"Little brother," Cassia smiled wryly, and Max rolled his eyes at the nickname his sister would never stop calling him with, "you're cute. You're an idiot."

"Ooh." Nana Yaa clasped her palm over her mouth to stop the gurgle of her laughter from rumbling out.

Cassia laughed. "You've done well, both of you." She said. "How can I condemn you? All of us_" she swept her hands around to indicate her parents_"are very proud of you."

"Thank God." He muttered and walked away. They watched him go away for a while, then both Nana Yaa and Cassia exchanged looks.

"I own him. He's my brother." Cassia quirked a brow up at Nana Yaa in mockery. She'd noticed how the young girl looked at her brother as if he was the only thing in the world.

Nana Yaa blushed with the realization that Cassia had caught her in the act of ogling her brother. "You don't say." She answered to Cassia's statement.

***

It was now her time to invite him to meet her parents. Maxwell was immediately fascinated by them. Her father was fair and in his late thirties; a handsome man, Mr. Anthony Frimpong seemed to adore his wife and daughter very much. Mrs. Elaine Frimpong was just as sleek and beautiful as her daughter. Her hair was styled in a sleek, classic and sophisticated curve that angled along the line of her jaw.